• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quarter glass Adjustment

Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
Hello, 65 Satellite rear quarter glass
Got in all in, straight and almost perfect
How can I raise the back part of glass
The Quarter glass and door glass meet perfect on the bottom
But there is about 1/4" gap at top when both are up
Any thoughts. Thank you. PS Service Manual really no help

If the quarter glass is following roof line and sealing properly the glass would have to be cut wrong if not matching the back of door glass when closed. Is this original glass to the car or replacement glass? If replacement glass check with the supplier.

It's replacement glass,but I matched the old with new, and it's exactly the same, would the 2- stops be the problem? Thanks

You could try adjusting the back up stop. Are you getting the same spacing on the weather stripping from front to back at the top of window with it closed? If not try adjusting tracks with the windows up and see if it will fit better. There should be a parallel adjustment on the front track.

It sounds to me that your door glass might be out as well. Aligning relative to the door glass doesn't necessarily mean success. Start with the vent window frame fit to the A pillar and work back.

meep meep's posts makes sense if door glass and vent glass has been repositioned. If door has been off you may want to check door alignment also.

Auto Transport Service
Back