• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quarter Window Exploded View

Mike67

Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
I'm missing a roller that goes in the interior rear guide. It appears to bolt through the glass. I can't find a diagram that tells me which one I need or how it goes together, does anyone have a pic, or number or diagram they could share?
Also what kind of grease is everyone using for their guides and rollers?
Thanks

I refurbished the quarter window mechanism on the Coronet, replaced the rollers. The 69 quarter window rests in a channel, I don't remember any bolts through the glass, but your 67 could be different. Here's pics of one assembly. I think i used general use grease lightly applied; also WD-40. The OEM stuff had the consistency of dried peanut butter; the quarters will slide much easier once you're done.

IMG_2339.JPG IMG_2340.JPG IMG_2341.JPG

The best exploded view is going to be in a factory service manual. The only 2 holes in the glass are to attach it to the frame. The rollers your talking about are in a rear upper channel and attach to a slot in the frame that holds the window.

On window parts I use a thin penetrating lube to get it all moving. After that use some sort of grease like red wheel bearing grease or spray lithium grease.

Thanks guys, I did not take the window/regulator out, but the track, I beleive, is the rearward one that centers the window in the reveal. I did not see/feel any place that a roller could attach except a quarter sized hole in the glass itself.?.?.?

Mike, what are you working on? As far as the grease, Molykote is good to use

Here's a picture from the FSM. I didn't notice any holes that large on my 67 in the glass.
IMG_0669.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back