• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about 1969 Coronet R/T differences

Kariverson

Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
Hey, sorry for opening a thread I looked around for a thread that covers Coronets in general to ask but I couldn't find anything.

What is the difference between Coronet R/Ts with the dual scoop hood and the side scoops and the one with the power bulge hood and no side scoops? The second one has chrome on the side skirt too from what I can see in pics.

Were the early versions (since 68 ones are like that) or different options you could choose at the dealership?

Last edited:
Dual hood scoops are the N96 Ramcharger hood option, side quarter panel scoops are also an option. Bulge hood is standard.
beerestorationfall2018 1462.JPG
beerestorationfall2018 1537.JPG

The side scoop option is M46. Actually, they are just decoys, but they sure look cool.

20220122_133702.jpg

R/T's got sill moldings as well as wheel well moldings. SuperBee only got wheel well moldings. Rallye dash was standard equipment in SuperBee, but optional in R/T.

Rallye dash was standard equipment in SuperBee, but optional in R/T.
Learned something new today. I thought all Super Bees, R/T's, and Chargers got the rallye dash. So on an R/T, standard was the 150 mph rectangle speedo like a GTX got?

Yes, this changed for 1970, when they all got Rallye dash as standard equipment.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back