• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

question about disk brake swap

Lbone

Local time
3:11 AM
Reaction score
I have been trying to absorb all the info I can about putting disks into my 67 charger. Originally I was going to go with a disk swap kit from summit but found that the mishmash of parts from different vehicles to be to confusing so I have been looking at using a newer donor car.
Info on this is somewhat vague so I just wanted to run it past you b.b.o guys and get some input. I have a 1979 cordoba with disks I can get the spindles, dust shields and sliders from, will this work without having to change control arms? All the other stuff I plan on buying new, rotors, pads, bearings, seals, calipers, master cylinder, proportioning valve and brake booster. should I buy the brake booster , valve and master based on a 79 cordoba and does it matter that my car has manual brakes right now as far as bolting all this stuff in?

My '66 Satellite has the '70 B body spindles & disc setup converted. Google "Mopar disc brake conversion", several articles available.

thanks I have but lots of conflicting info on the googles. 73-6 a body seems to be the general go to spindle but good luck finding them around here. even ebay is limited to wounded old ones with pits in them.

Hi

I think I have your answer. Click on the link and see if this helps with your project. Its somewhat an old article but the information is great...!!!

http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html

I have been trying to absorb all the info I can about putting disks into my 67 charger. Originally I was going to go with a disk swap kit from summit but found that the mishmash of parts from different vehicles to be to confusing so I have been looking at using a newer donor car.
Info on this is somewhat vague so I just wanted to run it past you b.b.o guys and get some input. I have a 1979 cordoba with disks I can get the spindles, dust shields and sliders from, will this work without having to change control arms? All the other stuff I plan on buying new, rotors, pads, bearings, seals, calipers, master cylinder, proportioning valve and brake booster. should I buy the brake booster , valve and master based on a 79 cordoba and does it matter that my car has manual brakes right now as far as bolting all this stuff in?

Auto Transport Service
Back