• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about paint marking on 1969 charger r/t.

1970gator

Local time
1:31 AM
Reaction score
When stripping and blasting a '69 charger r/t that I am working on, I've come across a factory paint marking that I'm unfamiliar with. I've stripped a bunch of these cars and to my recollection this is the first time I've seen this mark. Any idea what it was meant to indicate? The mark is either an 'A1' or an 'AI' and is on the right (passenger) side inner fender firewall area. I've posted this on a couple of the more popular mopar forums, so if you're reading this same question on another forum I apologize. Thanks in advance for any information!!!

image_9.jpg

could have been an assembly line worker's initials

could have been an assembly line worker's initials

Idk, maybe??? I found a reference to it on a couple other chargers over at dc.com. There was some thought maybe it was A11 because on the other two (2) examples I've seen they were on aero cars. A 500 and a Daytona. My car is just an R/T though. So, I'm thinking it is something else. Initials is a possibility I assume? Here are the pics from the aero cars.

A1_2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back