• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for the Mopar Experts (paint)

70Runner4spd

Local time
7:01 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to ask the Mopar Experts, or knowledgeable Mopar enthusiasts, a question concerned paint on my 1970 Roadrunner.
I recently purchased a one owner 1970 Road Runner and decoded the fender tag. The car is FC7 (In Violet) and code V02 (two-tone paint) code EW1 (Alpine white). It also has a second code EW1 for the upper door frame paint color.
It does not have the vinyl roof code.
This is a code Y14 (sold car) that was ordered, and the original owner is stating it was factory painted white roof, not white vinyl roof.
So, I would like to ask the numerous, and knowledgeable forum members here if they were aware of two-tone painted cars, and if so, how common they are.
I am in no way a Mopar Guru, so just because I haven’t ever seen one, doesn’t mean anything, so I thought I would poll the group to see what info is available on this.
I look forward to the feedback.
Thank you!

Yeah, they existed.

IMG_2213.JPG

IMG_2292.JPG

Yup, not common. Although usually one or two at the big shows can be found.

Yes VO2 = two tone pair roof and body, according to knowledgeable sources here a few weeks ago, on V02 cars in 1970, 164 roadrunners were produced

Yup, not common. Although usually one or two at the big shows can be found.
Thanks for the info, would love to go to one of the big shows one day to be able to see some of the less common cars out there. Thanks again!

Yes VO2 = two tone pair roof and body, according to knowledgeable sources here a few weeks ago, on V02 cars in 1970, 164 roadrunners were produced
That’s good stats to know, so not too made and no telling how many of those survived. Do you know if it broke down how many VO2 of each color combos were produced? And of those, I wonder how many were coupes? I will try to search for that post. Thanks for the reply!

I don’t believe I have ever seen stats on 70 road runner V02 color combo breakdown counts, just total vehicle count
Good luck in your search

Kind of ironic that it was a way to save a few bucks on a new car back then but it turned out to be an option that saved the roof getting rusty under the vinyl roof on a few cars.

Kind of ironic that it was a way to save a few bucks on a new car back then but it turned out to be an option that saved the roof getting rusty under the vinyl roof on a few cars.
Yes Sir, I believe that is what saved mine from the rusty fate that so many had.

One of my friends has a legit ‘69 1/2 Six Pack Bee with a painted roof. IMHO it looks better than a vinyl top…
60016593_2143815798989223_5929614286736326656_o.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back