• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question: Is a build sheet always to be found under the rear seat?

Are build sheets always under the rear seat?

• Always

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • almost never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

elkkid

Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
Is this really a thing? Did they ALWAYS put a build sheet under the rear seat?

"Always" is a absolute. Not "always" but most likely. Taped above the glove box liner, Between the roof and the headliner, under the carpet, between the bucket seat backs and covers just to name a few.

They were "supposed" to be put there. Those were the instructions they were given at the plant. Were mistakes made, yes. So were the "always" put there, no.

They were "supposed" to be put there. Those were the instructions they were given at the plant. Were mistakes made, yes. So were the "always" put there, no.
I’m pretty sure that’s not correct. The LA (Compton) plant rarely left “trash” in the cars. There are quite a few original owner cars from that plant and others that didn’t have a Broadcast Sheet, or had one from a different car. All Mopars had a fender tag.

A lot of 67's that I have worked on were under the drivers seat. Between the springs and the burlap. They usually were not in great shape. One 67 had 4.
Back of the rear seat, bottom of the rear seat, under the carpet on passengers rear floor, and under the drivers seat.

It depends on the assembly plant if, or where, they were put in the car.
I did find mine under the rear seat bottom. Lynch road assembly.

how many found a sheet in a 66-70 b-body taped behind the glovebox?

I’m at zero so far. It seems like an E body thing

67’s commonly in Bucket seat, back seat and under carpet.

Last edited:
Or, in the case of RC's Hemi car, sandwiched between the seat belt anchor and the carpet.

<<Mine rear seat springs (mint) another under carpet driver's seat. (Some damage but readable)

Under the back seat, but it is for a different car, still an RT but a few numbers (64) off on the vin number, same production day though. One of those mistakes, that I have heard is common. They grabbed the wrong seat. I sure would like to have the one for my car. Maybe somebody wants to trade.

20210520_183439.jpg

Under the back seat, but it is for a different car, still an RT but a few numbers (64) off on the vin number, same production day though. One of those mistakes, that I have heard is common. They grabbed the wrong seat. I sure would like to have the one for my car. Maybe somebody wants to trade.

View attachment 1339320
Post it in "Lost and Found"

Brief story on seat broadcast sheets.

the seat shop get the sheet and that tells them what to build for the day So they will have the correct seat for the cars being built, Well the workers do not look for the sheets to get the VIN right, they just put the correct color and pattern seats in the car.

How many P6X (black vinyl buckets) coronet RT and 500’s did they build in a day? Many many

Mine were under the front seat for my 73.

There was a sheet for a different car under the rear set but the one for my car (plus a few more) were under the front.

As far as I know, the Windsor, Ontario plant ( 9 ) never left build sheets in the cars.

Apparently mine were put in someone else’s car

I glad the St. Louis assembly line worker put the correct back of the rear seat with the correct Broadcast Sheet in the correct car.
I do think it is 'funny' that I have a Coronet Jacking Instruction sticker on the inside of my trunk deck lid. It is not correct, but it is factory correct.:realcrazy:

Last edited:
I glad the St. Louis assembly line worker put the correct Broadcast Sheet in the back of my rear seat.
I do think it is 'funny' that I have a Coronet Jacking Instruction sticker on the inside of my trunk deck lid. It is not correct, but it is factory correct.:realcrazy:
Amazing right. Today it would be lawsuits and recalls.

Auto Transport Service
Back