• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question on 15" oem steel wheels.

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:09 PM
Reaction score
I have a pair of 15 x 6.5 , I'm sure some call them 7".
They are 3.5 " back space. I was going to call around a few local yards to locate another pair.
Does the 80s /90s 1/2 ton Van's and pickups use that wheel ?
Thanks.

I don't know the exact width of the 81 to around 1990 1/2 ton Dodge pickup would be a good wheel to use, 15 x ? wheel, because it will accept the 9" dog dish cap too. AFAIK, all these wheels were painted factory white, which is a dead giveaway to know what your looking for. Plus the stud face is totally flat, where the lug nuts go. Good luck!

I have some of these 15x6-1/2 wheels. I ran them on my 78 Dodge pickup, but to my knowledge they all came from early to mid 70's C Body cop cars. I know for a fact one set came from a 75 Monaco county cop car, and a couple more from a 74 Fury state police car. The others were from a 72 Fury cop car, I think but not sure. These were used before the more popular and well known 15x7 "cop car" wheels came out in about 1977 or 78.
The pic is the truck with those on the front. I had switched the rears to 15x8 Ramcharger wheels when this pic was taken.
7-6-13 pics1 008.jpg

Last edited:
I Red X'ed @Dodge33 because the 1/2 ton Dodge 5 lug truck wheels changed from the 5 on 4-1/2 bolt pattern to a 5 on 5 bolt pattern in 1985.

Try '80's Fifth Ave's. They had wide rims to mount those wire basket wheel discs.

80s fifth ave and diplomats are a good source for 15x7 steel wheels. Just like the cop wheels, but with a standard non slotted wheel center
Travis..

OP has a '67 so "correct" dog dishes would be 10" and won't work on those later wheels that take 9" caps.

I agree on 5th Ave and M body cars being a good source for 15x7 that take the 9" cap.

However- 5th Ave had a 15x6 spare and I've found 90% in U pull yards have that installed on one corner and only have 4 wheels present.
Spotting the difference is difficult. I made calipers from cardboard when I was harvesting them.

...and the "standard wheel" on lower line, non 5th Ave M body cars was 15x6. Higher trim levels, optional wheels, and IIRC wagons got 15x7.
I assume those cars also got a 15x6 spare.

Auto Transport Service
Back