• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question on 68 roadrunner carpet

Scott Kiger

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score
3AD7B158-5D26-46A6-9194-D364A906D42E.jpeg
So my car is a QQ1 exterior with blue two tone interior. What color carpet was available with these colors? The carpet looks black to me but it’s awfully faded. Could be a navy blue. Found this tag on the back and I see the word black on it. Just wanting to make sure before I order new. They may not have even offered a navy carpet.

It’s a four speed. I am almost sure it’s black, but I have to admit dark navy would have looked better with these colors but I am sure it will look fantastic when finished

All 4-speeds came with black carpet, the auto's had different shades available.

They must have changed that in '69 because my '69 4 speed is Navy Blue.
If you want Navy, I'd almost bet that the a '69 carpet would be the same fit.

View attachment 1247203 So my car is a QQ1 exterior with blue two tone interior. What color carpet was available with these colors? The carpet looks black to me but it’s awfully faded. Could be a navy blue. Found this tag on the back and I see the word black on it. Just wanting to make sure before I order new. They may not have even offered a navy carpet.
Now that his query is solved, I want to know why 2 former NFL quarterbacks names are on the tag ?

They must have changed that in '69 because my '69 4 speed is Navy Blue.
If you want Navy, I'd almost bet that the a '69 carpet would be the same fit.
You can get them in colors now, but from the factory, all 4-speed 68 and 69 Road Runners had black carpet. That is what the consensus is everytime this subject comes up anyway.....

Auto Transport Service
Back