• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quickjack, testing it out

mpro69rr

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
Well for all those wondering if Quickjack will work for a 68-70 roadrunner, the answer is YES. Its pretty stable too, but I am going to use jacks stands just to be safe. One thing is I have frame connectors and I am using them as lift points, I don't know if it would work without them, not long enough. They have blocks that are made for pinch welds so you may be able to lift it that way without the frame connectors. I was surprised on how much room it gives, plenty for doing things without being squished. I'm satisfied with it. It took about 4 hours to set up but that was me taking a lot of breaks because my garage is so hot.

Quickjack.jpeg

My quickjack didnt work for **** for my GTX. It kept wanting to nose over. Although I do not have frame connectors.

My quickjack didnt work for **** for my GTX. It kept wanting to nose over. Although I do not have frame connectors.
If you noticed, I have mine more towards the front so it would take the front heavy load better.

I use these to get my car up. Two settings for height. For most work, the lower setting provides plenty of room to work under the car. At the higher setting, there is enough room to drop the transmission and roll it out on the transmission jack. Even at the higher setting the car is rock steady. For added security, I cut 4x4 fence posts and put one in each corner.
0914191459.jpg
0914191531.jpg

I use these to get my car up. Two settings for height. For most work, the lower setting provides plenty of room to work under the car. At the higher setting, there is enough room to drop the transmission and roll it out on the transmission jack. Even at the higher setting the car is rock steady. For added security, I cut 4x4 fence posts and put one in each corner.
View attachment 1489980View attachment 1489981
What happens when you have to work on brakes? lol

View attachment 1489980View attachment 1489981
I like that, where did you get them?

Ya, I tried that. Didn't like the way it was sitting. IDK
That sucks, I think if you had the frame connectors it would sit better, but that's not something you just throw on.

Nope. My QJ is too old for the rail extenders. I called as soon as i found out about them. I even made some wood extenders out of thick *** 2x10's and it still didn't work. *sigh*

$250 a piece , $1000 for 4 plus shipping
Looks like a pretty dramatic price increase has occurred. I have had mine for about 5 years. I think I got 4 of them, plus freight for $750. I have used them A LOT, I feel much safer under the car with these than I do with jack stands. That made the expense worth it for me.

Looks like a pretty dramatic price increase has occurred. I have had mine for about 5 years. I think I got 4 of them, plus freight for $750. I have used them A LOT, I feel much safer under the car with these than I do with jack stands. That made the expense worth it for me.
I might have gone with them if I had know about it. The quickjack is stable but they may be a little more stable.

Auto Transport Service
Back