• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raceism In The South And The Dirt Is Flying

haywire 440

Full Speed Ahead
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
There must be a bias on the dirt tracks that’s embedded in the South and their mud. NOT a single, highly respected here, superior Mopar running with this bunch of Losers! :mob:
IMG_2775.jpeg

IMG_2786.jpeg

IMG_2793.jpeg

I was highly offended the entire evening, I should have left but I had toss $5 into the 50/50 pot!”

Now it seemed everyone there cared diddley squat about the lack of our Fragzot, Pentastar or Hemi symbols! They were there just for the fun and not equality. Look at the evidence……
IMG_2769.jpeg

IMG_2777.jpeg

IMG_2776.jpeg

IMG_2782.jpeg

IMG_2810.jpeg

Shockingly I was able to find some incognito patriots and we got to work in exposing the dirty underbelly here.

IMG_2799.jpeg

IMG_2797.jpeg

All is not lost and it will be revealed shortly in the next episode of “ Gone with the Win======“.

Last edited:
I had a good Mopar friend, recently passed, who bought, and revitalized a local dirt track. He ran a Chevy under his sponsorship. When asked why a hard core Mopar guy like himself would do such a thing, he replied, "I love Mopars, but Chevys are cheap!"

Last edited:
I had a good Mopar friend, recently passed, who bought, and revitalized a local dirt track. He ran a Chevy under his sponsorship. When asked why a hard core Mopar guy like himself would do such a thing, he replied, "I love Mopars, but Chevyies are cheap!"
That’s exactly what I was told.

I must admit that my personal view of “The South” is anything below Kankakee Illinois.
Home | Kankakee Speedway

These dirt tracks dot the American landscape and around the world countless competitors of all ages partake in competitions of speed and skill, train themselves and entertain the masses.

Who doesn’t love a great tasting track burger or hot dog washed down with a soda!

More later on the raceist event!

These dirt tracks dot the American landscape and around the world countless competitors of all ages partake in competitions of speed and skill, train themselves and entertain the masses.

Who doesn’t love a great tasting track burger or hot dog washed down with a soda!

More later on the raceist event!
Because I've never attended one of these dirt track Roundy-round events, does that make me a racist?

Some sanctioning bodies have strict rules that all who race within that body run the same powerplant and there are all Chevy crate motors. . Mopar isn't included a lot like Mopar isn't included in Nascar. Also, there are so few Mopars in those classes of racing that there is no aftermarket support for body panels. Who makes a plastic nose for a Duster or a Aspen?

Racing is all about what you can afford, and economies of scale usually rule out our favorite, the old "Number Three Automaker"

Because I've never attended one of these dirt track Roundy-round events, does that make me a racist?
Do you like to go fast, if so you have raceism in your blood, and more so if you enjoy a track burger every so often.:drinks:

I’d have to wager that most folks into the car sports has had a track burger or hotdog, maybe even you.

That burger was the tastiest “cold” burger I ever had. I ordered it and a container zoomed out the window into my surprised hands, it was quicker than “Mickey D’s”. It must have been sitting there 10 minutes. I didn’t discover that issue until I was back in my cool metal grandstand seat. And I didn’t care because I had made friends with a family there that knew the inside scoop on the “Cold Eyed Racers”. I was in my zone. This family had a Son & Nephew driving in the Midget Car class.

IMG_2920.png

IMG_2922.png

IMG_2921.png

IMG_2923.png

I learned that these small, almost Go Cart sized buggies buzz around the 1/3 mile sounding like a swarm of hornets on the attack. Entry is made through a trap door in the roof. Many of you may know this.

Highly interesting to me was the fact that the power plants are from import motorcycles. These high winding motor are in the 11K to 14K RPM range, if I got my facts straight. There are certain motorcycle models that are the “top of the food chain”. Obviously this track burger I ate wasn’t that caliber but I had many scrumptious beef paddies.

Before the approach of a yellow re-start my new friend’s Son and Nephew had just one Midget Car in front of them, with a bunch behind. The friend said “ Watch this and see three different driving styles, the guy in the lead likes to keep his car high by the wall while my Son likes to dart to the low side and the Nephew loves to split the middle. How’s that for color commentary and analysis.

The race ended up at the checker flag in that order.

Another interesting fact is the motorcycles, for there motors, are diverted to certain parties through insurance companies and pick-a-parts yards after an accident.

Shorty the final chapter of this yarn will reveal my true fascination with raceism.

As another teaser my Co-Patriot’s, remember them,………
IMG_2799.jpeg

IMG_2797.jpeg

have studied some undercover video and were able to isolate the next four photos, from that video, of the SMOKING GUN proof of a checking penalty into the corner that was apparently missed by the referee. You make the call!!
IMG_2919.png

IMG_2918.png

IMG_2917.png

IMG_2916.png

Last edited:
The chances of contact in this sport has to be 100% or just below that. This Camaro sure looked out of place in the feature race but is a long time Stock Car and survivor. The key evidently is a solid steel bar on the back, push bumper, that must be wider than the body. Another advantage or threat to other cars/drivers are the two wheels on the passenger side extend far out of the wheel wells.

IMG_2790.jpeg

These two characteristics of good old #9 provided protection when a couple competitors decided to sandwich this racer into corner #1. It resulted in the car #5 on the left abruptly crashing into the inside and the car to the right tangling with the tires ultimately ending in a barrel roll.

IMG_2804.jpeg

All drivers were fine.

Custom wrenching and repairs were feverishly taken place in the pits.

IMG_2803.jpeg

IMG_2801.jpeg

This raceism story also includes ageism. I actually recently meet the man driving #75 and that’s the prime reason I was there and he is 80 year old. That’s fascinating.

IMG_2794.jpeg

IMG_2836.png

The track speeds top out at 80-90 mph. Watching from my viewpoint in the stands and I’m thinking, sure I could do that. It can’t be much different than driving 70-80 dodging cars on the crazed expressway of Chicagoland but then I surveyed close-up at corner #1. My other new friend driving #75 had a look in his eyes while I visited in the pits as he prepared for the main featured race. HE HAD DRIVE. I guess it’s something to get experienced at. And better to start at a young age.

That brings me back to ageism in raceism. This #20 car was fast and aggressive in the heat races and I, while in the stands, had commented to my other friend who told me “He’s just a little fella!”.

I had to ask his age and I didn’t think he was a midget and his response was “Ooooh, he probably 11 or 12”.

IMG_2807.jpeg

He knew to get his car weight scaled after finishing in the top 3 car in one of the heat races.

Life in the fast lane, good.
So there’s my Raceism and Raceist yarn but as another bonus and surprise ending I’m supersizing my quest to expand our language. I created some “sayings” for Racing Fans. Including any Racing, on the 1320, on the dirt, mud, water, air, snow anywhere with the prospects for Space Racer #1. Why stay on Earth?

Here’s some ideas for T-Shirts, Jackets, Car Logos, Sides of Buildings, Highway Signs, Rockets or Even The Moon.

What can y’all come up with?

IMG_2970.jpeg

IMG_2969.jpeg

IMG_2968.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a good Mopar friend, recently passed, who bought, and revitalized a local dirt track. He ran a Chevy under his sponsorship. When asked why a hard core Mopar guy like himself would do such a thing, he replied, "I love Mopars, but Chevys are cheap!"
I hear that today from my Chevy friends. I have said before to them. "So your best argument for your Chevy allegiance is that they're cheap?" To which I answer. "Yes they are. Yes they are." (They hate my smart-*** remarks.) But are perfectly OK with Mopar smacks. They're favorite is "No Power" I typically end with "I see how you look at my and other Mopars. It's like the hot girl from school you were to afraid to ask out." Then adding. "Nice Nova! Lol."

I hear that today from my Chevy friends. I have said before to them. "So your best argument for your Chevy allegiance is that they're cheap?" To which I answer. "Yes they are. Yes they are." (They hate my smart-*** remarks.) But are perfectly OK with Mopar smacks. They're favorite is "No Power" I typically end with "I see how you look at my and other Mopars. It's like the hot girl from school you were to afraid to ask out." Then adding. "Nice Nova! Lol."
Chevies power plants, because they’re everywhere, enjoy the research and development like no other platform. Certainly not breaking news.

Individual independent family teams compete with sponsored teams in the ultimate goal of tweaking the chassis and suspension plus many more variables directing all that power to the ground with traction, stability and speed.

This is all achieved by many racers here and many are way above my measly experience.

The story is about a night at a dirt track and good folks I met. It’s meant to be entertaining and be lighthearted. Also what else do I do with the pictures that were captured but make up a story to go with them that’s mostly true. And slip a new word into the vernacular.

Thanks for the response and your story.

Oh, and be careful about making fun of their Nova, it could be a ChevyII.
Those were the pre-Nova in 1962 to 1964, if I remember correctly. You don’t what to seem not knowing your Chevrolets. I’d go with “Nice Bow Tie Skippy!”. That will cover all of them. I had a ‘63 with a screaming 6cyl and 3 on the tree. It could hardly get out of it own way but I could POP the clutch. My first. :lol:

Last edited:
I have been involved in or watching local short track local racing for a long time. You can run a chevy for much less $ and also much less time searching for parts, and that lets you focus on the constant job of repairing, improving, and setting up the car to be competitive. That is where the real work takes place if you are going to be competitive.

That all said, most all track rules are centered on Chevies, and often the rules-writers and tech guys don't know what to make of a Mopar. I have seen dedicated Mopar racers come in and do pretty well against a whole fleet of Chevies for this reason.

I have been involved in or watching local short track local racing for a long time. You can run a chevy for much less $ and also much less time searching for parts, and that lets you focus on the constant job of repairing, improving, and setting up the car to be competitive. That is where the real work takes place if you are going to be competitive.

That all said, most all track rules are centered on Chevies, and often the rules-writers and tech guys don't know what to make of a Mopar. I have seen dedicated Mopar racers come in and do pretty well against a whole fleet of Chevies for this reason.

You nailed it right on the head!

Auto Transport Service
Back