• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator for 66 Charger

mcgov50

Local time
12:10 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know correct radiator and shroud for 66 Charger 383 4bbl. Any pictures out there, and most importantly can you buy a new one?

thanks

If you're looking for numbers matching, I have 2 different ones-one for auto, one for 4 speed. Both are 22" and need to be recored.
I'm sure you can buy an aftermarket replacement if correct part #s aren't important...

Thanks for the info, one less part to look for.

- - - Updated - - -

I need one for automatic, and would like to keep matching numbers. Is yours in good enough shape to be restored and look good? How much for it?

I still got my original 22" out of our 66 4spd car....places up here wanted $400+ to recore it...I just went with an aluminum one for half that money

I have a radiator #2582946 automatic transmission for a 66 B body. it is good, but should be boiled out prior to use.
If you are Interested pm me. located in Nebraska

Yes a 64-65 b-body will work in your Charger! Just not the correct numbers!

The shrouded radiators had different side brackets, in order to attach a shroud. You could use a newer mopar 22' that has a shroud, and while boiling the 66' out change the radiator frames for the shroud. It won't be original, but I can't see anything that would stop it. Finding a later model 22 with shroud is difficult to locate, though. Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone for the info. Evidently the 66 charger did not have a shroud. I want to keep original numbers on the car if at all possible. Does anyone know if any 383 4bbl,s had a 26" rad?

- - - Updated - - -

Still have the radiator? What do you want for it. Can you send a pic.

Thanks

the 66 Chargers did come with a shroud, just not on the 22" radiator

383 4bbl cars came with either size....if you had AC or trailer towing package, you got the 26" radiator. Both my 383 4bbl 4spd cars came with 22" rads originally

I put an oem style (reproduction) shroud on my 22" radiator in my '66 Charger... But it doesn't seem to do much good:( I still overheat. I also put a 9-blade clutch fan on... Still overheats. My engine is about to come out so it can be boiled out, bored out and stabbed back in. Heater works great though! ;)

go aluminum like a383Wing suggests. Unless you want a correct numbers radiator. Or get your old one re-cored. that is if it is cheaper than aluminum.

Auto Transport Service
Back