• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator heater hose clamps

There are also these cable style, but the cable likes to stretch so buy some with a good warranty

20230226_141523.jpg

Those may work but they are for flat band clamps and not for Corbin clamps.
Actually they work well, sometimes you have to hold the clamp square with long nose plies while pulling the clamp open. A little false advertisement here by performance tool. Every brand I have ever bought the cable stretches and you run out of adjustment after doing big band clamps. I cut slots in small nuts to make a shim kit that slips over the cable and keep moving on.

20230226_144620.jpg

I'm working on my 440 today, and it took me 35 minutes to get the ring clamp off of the upper connection of the lower radiator hose. These things are so hard to work with if they're not in a perfect position to get the removal pliers onto them. They twist and move around and the pliers keep popping off. These are a good set of pliers too. Klein tools brand, purchased from McMaster-Carr. Maybe someone knows of a better tool, I'd really like to get my new hoses on with the original style ring clamps. The tool I have is pretty useless. If you use them in the normal position, the handles are too far apart and you can't squeeze them to get the ring opened up. If I use them in the slipped position, I get the leverage I need to open the rings but they don't open enough to go over the lip on the fitting. I posted a picture of them for reference.

View attachment 1424785
Ive got the same ones but irwin brand. They worked great

Auto Transport Service
Back