• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator paint for '68 Charger?

36viper

Local time
6:31 PM
Reaction score
Wondering what paint to use on my '68 Charger's radiator? Gloss black, Satin Black, Flat Black? Is there special radiator paint that won't affect the cooling? Thanks in advance for your help!!

They have two different gloss levels. I personally like the Eastwood gloss paint but the satin may be more correct. - not sure.

Believe or not, John Deere has some great spray paints. I painted my radiator with one of their satin black's. It looks good after 10 years.

416.JPG 417.JPG

They have two different gloss levels. I personally like the Eastwood gloss paint but the satin may be more correct. - not sure.
I'll order some Eastwood satin radiator paint :) Thanks!!

You guys sure helped me out big time again!!! Just ordered some Eastwood satin radiator paint. Thanks much!!

Last edited:
Hello, have you finished painting your radiator? If so, could you share with me which product you used? I also want to renovate mine, but I'm not sure if there is a specific paint or product for radiators. While searching on Google, I found a radiator-paint that seems effective, but since I don't have any experience, I don't want to take the risk, especially since I don't want to waste my money. Thank you in advance for your sharing.

Auto Transport Service
Back