Radiator Splash Guard

1962 - 1965 Mopars

1. 64Orange

64Orange Member

Local Time:
    9:36 AM
    Good morning FBBO!

In the process of getting the parts needed to put my '64 Sport Fury back together. For the front, i have the bumper, headlight bezels, grille, and eyebrow trim. I think the only thing I am missing is the splash guard, unless someone tells me otherwise. The splash guard is directly behind the bumper and the bottom of the grille mounts to it, correct?

Does anybody have one? And is this part '64 Plymouth only? Does a Dodge have a similar part that I could use?

Thanks in advance

2. Part Stalker

Part Stalker FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    There is that one and then there is also a lower piece some call a gravel pan. The blue one is the upper but is missing the stainless trim, which I can get a picture of if needed. The red one is the lower. I don't know 100% if there are other pieces that will fit but I would say no. Think a 64 Dodge has that filler piece attached to the grill but I haven't owned a 64 Dodge in 20 years. Plus it seems like every year is different, Dodge or Plymouth, with all of the same type front end/grill pieces. Hope this helps.
    Ply 1.jpg Ply 2.jpg

3. 64Orange

64Orange Member

Local Time:
    That is helpful thank you. I have never heard of the gravel guard before.
    Are either of these parts available for sale?

4. dmoore

dmoore Mopar to the end FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    11:36 AM
    You may want to check with Kramer in P.A. I just glass beaded the "gravel pan" on my 64 Sport Fury convertible because previous owner painted it body color. Looked at two original untouched cars lately and they were flat black.

• Like Like x 1
    • Part Stalker

Part Stalker FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      I agree with you as the red one came off my convertible but all the original ones I have seen are flat black. To the OP, I may have an extra filler piece but let me check and PM you. Shipping those large pieces is always a pain. I am also assuming you have the upper support and the vertical connector piece that runs from top to bottom?

• 64Orange

64Orange Member

Local Time:
      No I do not have the upper support and vertical connector piece. I just have the bumper, grille, and headlight bezels.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.