• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiators and Air Conditioning, What should I do?

I did not remove my bumper when cutting the passenger side to widen the rad opening, only the grille.

I used a small circular cutting saw with a bi-metal blade. Hand filed the sharp edges after cutting. Drilled holes and used nuts and bolts to mount the passenger side. I ordered this Griffin Exact fit rad. It's 25.5" wide. I like that the stamped top looks OEM. I sprayed mine black top/bottom and front/rear faces using 2 different black products.
Griffin Thermal Products 5-70004 Griffin Exact Fit Radiators | Summit Racing

I bought the plastic shroud to fit from Summit and had no issues mounting it.
Mopar Performance P2785434 Mopar Performance Restoration Radiator Cooling Fan Shrouds | Summit Racing

Thanks 68 Sport Satellite! This is great info from you guys! I think I will try this myself and I'm going to use the griffin radiator and probably the shroud you posted. I have to bring my 69 RR to the body shop this week to get my new hood painted, when it comes back I'll probably start on this project,

Thanks Nxcoupe, you have been very helpful!
Message moparedtn on here.
He used to have pics or a video? Of when he cut his 22" opening to 26" on his 68.
I did mine also with a 3" cut off wheel but I have no pics.

Auto Transport Service
Back