• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radio installation, 66 Charger.

Terry Kitzman

Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
In the removal of my radio This piece fell out, Can anyone show me where it goes? ATTACH=full]953195[/ATTACH]

05_20_2020_0545.JPG

This looks like the bracket that attaches to the instrument cluster bezel just above the radio. Look on page 8-42 (Electrical is section 8) of 1967 Parts book. Also found this picture:
manual7.jpg

This looks like the bracket that attaches to the instrument cluster bezel just above the radio. Look on page 8-42 (Electrical is section 8) of 1967 Parts book. Also found this picture:
manual7.jpg
I can't figure out where it mounts. Does it attach to the cluster itself somehow? 66 Charger. Thanks

manual7.jpg
I can't figure out where that brace goes on my 66 Charger. Thanks

The piece slides in on top of the instrument bezel and is held in place with bezel attaching screws. It's easy not to put it back in its proper place, but that is not recommended....the plate stiffens the plastic cluster housing to keep it from deforming.

Along a similar line, but different problem....The shop that put the new wiring harness in my '66 charger did NOT put the AM radio back in, as the dash speaker was shot. That was several years ago. Finally got around to purchasing a new speaker and have that installed(Redondo), however, when I put the radio in, it seems there should be a solid bracket to attach the screw on the back, left side of the radio to the frame of the car for stability. If so, what does it look like? I've searched to see if they loosened and swiveled it to the side to get the radio out, but don't see anything. It was not in the radio parts baggie with the knobs and washers for the radio? How to I secure the back end of the radio? Is there a diagram for that? Any help is appreciated!

Those brackets are getting harder to find
A parts wanted ad might work
But if it doesnt
Plumbers strapping works

3051t23stainlessplumberstape.1.jpg

When I installed my Retrosound unit in my 66 the stock bracket was too short. I cut a piece of aluminum the correct length and it's rock solid.

Auto Transport Service
Back