• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RAIDERS!!!!

Vikings Chuck Foreman #44 was a stud
my 1st # in football was 44, I was a fullback & linebacker
Because him & Raiders Marv Hubbard were the reason why
I wore it until I was DE/OSLB in HS & College
& I couldn't wear it anymore

Vikings Chuck Foreman #44 was a stud
my 1st # in football was 44, I was a fullback & linebacker
Because him & Raiders Marv Hubbard were the reason why
I wore it until I was DE/OSLB in HS & College
& I couldn't wear it anymore

Yeah - we idolized Foreman. Quiet guy off the field. Did most of his business on the field. As the rumors back in those days went Foreman got his nose stuck in the coke bag. Big difference eventually on the field. I can’t swear to that and wouldn’t, but he was great, then he wasn’t. I loved the guy as a running back. He was an offensive tornado if you remember that spin he would go into when tacklers hit him. He was fun to watch. It really sucked to see him go down hill. Word has it that there’s fan and former players effort to get him inducted. I don’t see it. He didn’t have the stats for long enough.

Last edited:
I was pissed about da kneeling during the Anthem and had some heady debates with a few who didn’t think this was a big offense. I reminded them of what the Anthem means as I always understood it, and to those who died or were forever fucked up defending our country. But, got to considering all of the players who wouldn’t think of kneeling, just being on the same team. Many players doing great things for charities and take their own time to do so. MO, it’s like having some dipshit one has to work with, we all know or have them. The NFL commissioner, like those in MLB, NBA, etc. made the grave mistake kowtowing to ‘causes’ having nothing to do with pro-sports. Commish should have said “Here is my first and last message: We’re all about playing football, that’s it; football! We’re not into politics, religion, blm, wlm…– full stop, just the business of playing friggin football.”

I was reminded of a boss who said “Are you trying to make your problem MY problem? You’re here to solve problems with your expertise so I don’t need to and can work on my problems. IMO, same **** with players…they’re hired to do their job – period. I could only wonder how it would have went if I’d a started discussing some causes with customers having jack **** to do with what we were hired to do.

Team players are just
that. TEAM players. Kapernick separated
himself from the team. Interjecting a point
of view where none should have been given.
He used a national stage to promote a
point of view.
I love the Raiders. Been a fan since the teams
inception. I haven't watched a single game
since the knee incident. Total disrespect
for the red, white, and blue, and those who
fought to defend it.
My son served 3 tours in Iraq. Forever
damaged by it's horrors. But Kap doesn't
have to live with that.
I do.
I hope this thread doesn't disappear.

I used to work near the stadium and all of the businesses would cringe when the Raiders fans came to town. They were by far the most obnoxious fans of any visiting sport /team.

That must be the California mentality that they have?

Team players are just
that. TEAM players. Kapernick separated
himself from the team. Interjecting a point
of view where none should have been given.
He used a national stage to promote a
point of view.
I love the Raiders. Been a fan since the teams
inception. I haven't watched a single game
since the knee incident. Total disrespect
for the red, white, and blue, and those who
fought to defend it.
My son served 3 tours in Iraq. Forever
damaged by it's horrors. But Kap doesn't
have to live with that.
I do.
I hope this thread doesn't disappear.
Well said, and spot on. Do what you're paid to do, with your TEAMMATES. And my highest gratitude for a TRUE hero... your son.

Screenshot_20220111-085737_Facebook.jpg

Oh Roger...you're gonna piss some folks off, lol.
All in good natured fun, he'll I've been a chiefs fan my whole life. The only team that's had a longer superbowl drought than the chiefs is the detroit lions. :lol::poke:

That must be the California mentality that they have?

Raiders fandom transcends location. They are everywhere. I think it's more the logo, black color, and fantasy to be an outlaw or pirate.

Ok, no offense to the Texan's; why are the Dallas Cowboy's known as "America's Team"? I'm biased here, as a Packers guy considering the long history since the beginning of pro-football and all the teams relishing holding the Lombardi trophy one day? Smallest city having a pro-football team, Green Bay...Titletown USA, fan owned, John Madden's favorite place to play football...just sayin.

Raiders fandom transcends location. They are everywhere. I think it's more the logo, black color, and fantasy to be an outlaw or pirate.
. For me it’s about growing up with the 1970’s Raiders and their unlikely cast of characters including my all time favorite, and fellow Southern neighbor from Alabama, named Kenny Stabler. Not to mention the greatest coach to ever grace a sideline named John Madden. Having the coolest colors and best logo is an added bonus. Anything else you might think is entirely speculative.

Last edited:
No denying that one. We stick together and some of those guys will be getting out soon.

All in good natured fun, he'll I've been a chiefs fan my whole life. The only team that's had a longer superbowl drought than the chiefs is the detroit lions. :lol::poke:
I guess you can say that if you’re just talking appearances. Because Hank Stram and the Chiefs pounded my Vikes in 72. Heartbreaking partly because if I remember correctly the Vikes were favored by 2 touchdowns (which I know doesn’t sound right). But none the less lost by more than that 23-7. So you were dry for a while. But at least you had that one and now the recent great success and a absolute rock star in a QB and offensive surrounding cast. Need to work on defense - but the offense is fun To watch. Mahomes and Co have transformed me into a secondary Chiefs fan. I’m always up for watching a Chiefs game.

. For me it’s about growing up with the 1970’s Raiders and their unlikely cast of characters including my all time favorite, and fellow Southern neighbor from Alabama, named Kenny Stabler. Not to mention the greatest coach to ever grace a sideline named John Madden. Having the coolest colors and best logo is an added bonus. Anything else you might think is entirely speculative.
For many years I despised John Madden and the Raiders because as a 4 time loser you learn to hold a grudge and do so for a long time. But over time I came to realize what he meant to the game of football and how he was larger than the game itself. I say RIP to one of the greatest who will never be forgotten and his legacy lives on.

Auto Transport Service
Back