• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RAIDERS!!!!

Not really - one of our brothers started the thread with a simple statement and then got called on it.
I did start this thread with a question and asked if another team has ever had as much heart as this year's Raiders team. So far all I've read is how some of you hate the Raiders passionately and how much you love some other team. Let me explain to those who don't know exactly what this team has experienced so far this year; We have lost our head coach for good after 5 games. No team has made the playoffs after losing their head coach midseason in over 60 years. We lost our number one draft pick from last year who is also our number one wideout permanently due to a terrible lapse in judgement. We lost a second first round selection from the same draft due to inabilities or whatever. To top all that off, I won't mention covid because all teams endure that to this day, we lost our number 1 target TE Darren Waller due to injuries at the most critical time while trying to make a playoff run. This team was on skids and lost 5 of 6 games. They didn't give up and convinced each other that they were not going down without a fight even though they were underdogs, sometimes by wide margins, every single week. Remember how the pundits were stating the fact "no one wants to play the Colts in the playoffs"? The Raiders went there as double digit underdogs and their playoff hopes were on life support and pulled off one of the biggest upsets of the year. The Colts never recovered and are no longer the team nobody wanted to play in the playoffs because they are not even in the playoffs. I won't get into why we won that game or the other games and all excuses from other teams are irrelevant at this point. The fact is this team went on a 4 game rampage and beat some very good teams just to have a chance at a highly coveted playoff birth. If you know of a team who has had as much heart, I would like to read about them please. And for the record, I never felt "called on it".

Last edited:
I did start this thread with a question and asked if another team has ever had as much heart as this year's Raiders team. So far all I've read is how some of you hate the Raiders passionately and how much you love some other team. Let me explain to those who don't know exactly what this team has experienced so far this year; We have lost our head coach for good after 5 games. No team has made the playoffs after losing their head coach midseason in over 60 years. We lost our number one draft pick who is also our number one wideout permanently due to a terrible lapse in judgement. We lost a second first round selection from the same draft due to inabilities or whatever. To top all that off, I won't mention covid because all teams endure that to this day, we lost our number 1 target TE Darren Waller due to injuries at the most critical time while trying to make a playoff run. This team was on skids and lost 5 of 6 games. They didn't give up and convinced each other that they were not going down without a fight even though they were underdogs, sometimes by wide margins, every single week. Remember how the pundits were stating the fact "no one wants to play the Colts in the playoffs"? The Raiders went there as double digit underdogs and their playoff hopes were on life support and pulled off one of the biggest upsets of the year. The Colts never recovered and are no longer the team nobody wanted to play in the playoffs because they are not even in the playoffs. I won't get into why we won that game or the other games and all excuses from other teams are irrelevant at this point. The fact is this team went on a 4 game rampage and beat some very good teams just to have a chance at a highly coveted playoff birth. If you know of a team who has had as much heart, I would like to read about them please. And for the record, I never felt "called on it".
And that was an awesome game.

I did start this thread with a question and asked if another team has ever had as much heart as this year's Raiders team. So far all I've read is how some of you hate the Raiders passionately and how much you love some other team. Let me explain to those who don't know exactly what this team has experienced so far this year; We have lost our head coach for good after 5 games. No team has made the playoffs after losing their head coach midseason in over 60 years. We lost our number one draft pick from last year who is also our number one wideout permanently due to a terrible lapse in judgement. We lost a second first round selection from the same draft due to inabilities or whatever. To top all that off, I won't mention covid because all teams endure that to this day, we lost our number 1 target TE Darren Waller due to injuries at the most critical time while trying to make a playoff run. This team was on skids and lost 5 of 6 games. They didn't give up and convinced each other that they were not going down without a fight even though they were underdogs, sometimes by wide margins, every single week. Remember how the pundits were stating the fact "no one wants to play the Colts in the playoffs"? The Raiders went there as double digit underdogs and their playoff hopes were on life support and pulled off one of the biggest upsets of the year. The Colts never recovered and are no longer the team nobody wanted to play in the playoffs because they are not even in the playoffs. I won't get into why we won that game or the other games and all excuses from other teams are irrelevant at this point. The fact is this team went on a 4 game rampage and beat some very good teams just to have a chance at a highly coveted playoff birth. If you know of a team who has had as much heart, I would like to read about them please. And for the record, I never felt "called on it".
I don’t hate the raiders - just don’t like them. Never did - but it will probably last forever since I hold grudges from all four team that drubbed the Vikes in the SB. I’ve somewhat forgiven the Dolphins because they’ve been horseshit for so long. Maybe you could name me a team that matters this year that didn’t deal with major injuries and distractions - with the possible exception of the Rams who somehow managed to stay pretty healthy all year - exception of Woods in November. Even they had to dig into their practice squad to keep it going. As far as Gruden getting fired - yeah I agree that’s a big deal but I wouldn’t puff it up too much since there’s probably either never been or if there has - incredibly few teams that have ever canned the HC so early for any reason. And before you piss on my Vikes - as stated early I don’t believe they were good enough to make the playoffs and was actually okay with the fact they didn’t only to likely get blown out in the first round - as I stated here much earlier on. What I’m saying is few teams made it w/o going thru pretty much all of it save the Gruden fiasco. So I still don’t see what makes the raiders special. Besides I like pulling your chain - what’s a brother for?

You don't see the heart of a downtrodden team and pass off this year's hardships for the Raiders as par for the course for most playoff teams. And you think you are pulling my chain. ??? That dog wont hunt...Brother

Last edited:
Hard running backs, my short list, many more could be added but these 3 come to mind.
Mark Van Eeghen
John Riggins
Mike Alstot

I think it’s going to be a good game - but I have to go with Burrows and Co also. I really don’t know anyone else on that team but I do know they lined the toilet drain of the NFL the last number of years - drafted Burrows as the No 1 and here they are - and even lost a few close ones. I followed him in college his Sr year. National Champions. Great kid in his heart and has all the ability on the field. The Vikings drafted one of his top wide receivers - Justin Jefferson who’s turned into an immediate rock star, made the pro bowl and more than made up for their losing/trading Stephon Diggs to Buffalo. And that’s Saying something. But back to Burrows …..

Please tell me why I should care about or follow any overpaid, felonious, punk *** gangster team, regardless of who they are?

Please tell me why I should care about or follow any overpaid, felonious, punk *** gangster team, regardless of who they are?
You don’t have to.

Last edited:
The Raiders aren't the team or the coaching staff
they were when they lost to Cinn. earlier this year
they are & have been on a roll, 5 game winning streak
(some might say they are due)
Carr sucked *** in that game,
Burrow played, I think he was injured late in that game

IMHFO, I think, depending on who is out who is injured
what the conditions are, it will be a good game
maybe 3+ to Cinn. just for being a home game

I don't mind thinking they are 'the underdogs'

I personally don't give one rats ***
what all the haters :up: think or say
haters gonna' hate

we always have them

Let them paly the game & decide it on the filed
hopefully the ******* striped ********/reffs
don't decide the game in either directions

I don't mind thinking they are 'the underdogs'
I love being the underdog and I believe every team uses it as motivation and sometimes that can be dangerous for the unsuspecting opponent. I'm sure the Jacksonville Jaguars from last week will agree.

Congrats to Bengals! What a season to be a Raider!

Remind myself

This is a Bengals team that SHOULD of beat the Packers this season

Carr needed to get that ball in the end zone at all costs

Yep, congrats to to them , good game down to the wire.

I hope we can keep D Carr and R Bisaccia and have another go at it. I feel this season definitely builds character for the next season. I'm not sure Mike Mayock is the GM we want. ???

Last edited:
It was a great game. Dramatic right down to the last play. I’m happy for Cincinnati - They’ve suffered long enough.

I hope we can keep D Carr and R Bisaccia and have another go at it. I feel this season definitely builds character for the next season. I'm not sure Mike Mayock is the GM we want. ???
Can't disagree, see what the off season brings for players.

The only front 4 to start an All Star team from same team. 1969. (1970 all star game.) Minnesota Vikings Purple People Eaters.

330px-The_Purple_People_Eaters.png

Auto Transport Service
Back