• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RAIDERS!!!!

The only front 4 to start an All Star team from same team. 1969. (1970 all star game.) Minnesota Vikings Purple People Eaters.

Possibly the best defensive line in NFL history. In total they had no equals back in those days. Jim Marshall is not in the Hall of Fame in spite of many, many promoting his deserving soul to be there. Google his career story - his stats and legend are staggering. It’s a bit more than mind boggling that they don’t/haven’t enshrined him long ago. Marshall is way more than deserving of the recognition amd the yellow jacket. Check it out for yourself and feel free to disagree with me. I think you will be hard pressed to do so.
I personally met Carl Eller a few years back. Shook his hand while chatting with him. You would have thought you were shaking hands with an oversized iron frying pan. The man had a pair of mitts that could strangle a buffalo with just one of them. I loved those guys and those days. I went to every home playoff game including a number of the nine NFC championship games they were in. Talk about incredible experiences. You just had to be there. Sub zero weather out in the old Metropolitan Stadium. Bud would not allow heaters on his sidelines - opponents no problem. As a fan it was totally bundled up which helped a little - but the secret to survival was a half pint of brandy in one pocket and a half pint of the infamous snowshoe grog in the other. Nasty stuff but gave you the illusion of warmth. When they won to go to the SB - absolute insane pandemonium broke loose. People were trampled on the field. The goal posts were torn down and hack sawed to pieces for souvenirs. Turf was taken up to bring home and plant in the yard as sacred ground. It was nuts - but it was irreplaceable fun and exciting. So much more - but then came the well documented inevitable SB let down. But those were indeed the days for Vikings fans. We can only pray for a return to those days in my lifetime. Just one SB victory and I could pass peacefully - hopefully 30 years from now……

If anyone was ever close to being equal to the Purple People Eaters it would have to be The Steel Curtain.

If anyone was ever close to being equal to the Purple People Eaters it would have to be The Steel Curtain.
Of course. No doubt. The Steel Curtain was indeed legendary. The big difference was while we were on our way to losing 4 - They were on their way to winning 4 - in the same era. They were some bad boys

Possibly the best defensive line in NFL history. In total they had no equals back in those days. Jim Marshall is not in the Hall of Fame in spite of many, many promoting his deserving soul to be there. Google his career story - his stats and legend are staggering. It’s a bit more than mind boggling that they don’t/haven’t enshrined him long ago. Marshall is way more than deserving of the recognition amd the yellow jacket. Check it out for yourself and feel free to disagree with me. I think you will be hard pressed to do so.
I personally met Carl Eller a few years back. Shook his hand while chatting with him. You would have thought you were shaking hands with an oversized iron frying pan. The man had a pair of mitts that could strangle a buffalo with just one of them. I loved those guys and those days. I went to every home playoff game including a number of the nine NFC championship games they were in. Talk about incredible experiences. You just had to be there. Sub zero weather out in the old Metropolitan Stadium. Bud would not allow heaters on his sidelines - opponents no problem. As a fan it was totally bundled up which helped a little - but the secret to survival was a half pint of brandy in one pocket and a half pint of the infamous snowshoe grog in the other. Nasty stuff but gave you the illusion of warmth. When they won to go to the SB - absolute insane pandemonium broke loose. People were trampled on the field. The goal posts were torn down and hack sawed to pieces for souvenirs. Turf was taken up to bring home and plant in the yard as sacred ground. It was nuts - but it was irreplaceable fun and exciting. So much more - but then came the well documented inevitable SB let down. But those were indeed the days for Vikings fans. We can only pray for a return to those days in my lifetime. Just one SB victory and I could pass peacefully - hopefully 30 years from now……
How about 279 games played consecutive? Not a QB or kicker. A lineman! Marshall for President?

WHO SHOULD BE IN THE HALL OF FAME
Of course there are others. My point is for Jim Marshall. Doesn’t mean there aren’t others that are also deserving and been snubbed. Check out Marshall’s bio and give me your opinion. I’m a big boy I can take a disagreement should there be one. He was a defensive lineman - no one on the line has ever come close to his legendary iron man stats - just as one example of many. Pls give me your unbiased opinion. He”s easy to look up.

Of course there are others. My point is for Jim Marshall. Doesn’t mean there aren’t others that are also deserving and been snubbed. Check out Marshall’s bio and give me your opinion. I’m a big boy I can take a disagreement should there be one. He was a defensive lineman - no one on the line has ever come close to his legendary iron man stats - just as one example of many. Pls give me your unbiased opinion. He”s easy to look up.
Don't have to... I watched them, with the unfortunate Joe Kapp... MARSHALL IS ANOTHER WHO SHOULD BE IN THE HALL OF FAME !

These two great, great NFL participants being snubbed remind me of another bogus hall of fame outfit. Someone please tell me that Ted Nugent doesn't belong in the rock and roll hall of fame. Stranglehold alone should do it for him. Unfortunately, his political stance will keep him out because the woke liberals have controlled that organization for a very long time. They have enshrined Bob Marley, Donna Summer, Aretha Franklin, Madonna, Public Enemy, NWA, Tupac Shakur, Notorious B.I.G, and Jay Z but, to date, we have no Grand Funk Railroad, Foreigner, Boston, Thin Lizzy, Scorpions, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Pat Benatar, Jethro Tull, or Ted Nugent. And they call it the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.???????? Sorry, I got off subject.

Last edited:
Someone gets a kick (there’s a pun here) posting drive by X’s and the member I’m referring to hasn’t made one post in this 168 post thread. To disagree or not to agree, that is the question…lol.

Oh well maybe next year
been too long of a draught for having 'a great Raiders team'

Carr sucked "sort of"
& there were lots of dropped passes too
(they need to get out of the damn huddle &
get the damn plays off, get into hurry up, frustrating as hell
)
it's sad the poor clock management
(refs sucked too, not just because of the
blown TD whistle deal either
)
when it's down to score or go home "again"
& they still only lost by 7
the defense did way better than I expected,
especially after the 2 turnovers
held them to field goals both times
DE Maxx Crosby is a stud

Congrats
took 31 years but Cinn. finally won a playoff game
I doubt they go much farther...

Something to build on for next season
I wonder if Rich Bisaccia will be the Raiders head coach
the players seemed to play "sort of" well for him
I don't know what "good coaches" are out there available even
'that is any better' right now...
I really don't know much about the guy...
There's;
Rumors of college Clemson's Dabo Swinney
& Mich.s Jim Harbaugh

Buffalo Bills looked good, really good

Philly looks like ****

Oh well maybe next year
been too long of a draught for having 'a great Raiders team'

Carr sucked "sort of"
& there were lots of dropped passes too
(they need to get out of the damn huddle &
get the damn plays off, get into hurry up, frustrating as hell
)
it's sad the poor clock management
(refs sucked too, not just because of the
blown TD whistle deal either
)
when it's down to score or go home "again"
& they still only lost by 7
the defense did way better than I expected,
especially after the 2 turnovers
held them to field goals both times
DE Maxx Crosby is a stud

Congrats
took 31 years but Cinn. finally won a playoff game
I doubt they go much farther...

Something to build on for next season
I wonder if Rich Bisaccia will be the Raiders head coach
the players seemed to play "sort of" well for him
I don't know what "good coaches" are out there available even
'that is any better' right now...
I really don't know much about the guy...
There's;
Rumors of college Clemson's Dabo Swinney
& Mich.s Jim Harbaugh

Buffalo Bills looked good, really good

Philly looks like ****
I thought the penalties were way one sided? Did Raider's offensive line really hold that much more than Cinn? It could be if Cinn line is just more talented?

Auto Transport Service
Back