• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ralley Cluster LED wiring methods

ams340mag

Local time
8:51 PM
Reaction score
Hello
i have new twist in and lock instrument cluster light sockets for LED bulbs to make that conversion
I have a 1970 RoadRunner.
Can someone detail how the wiring goes for these new two electrical pole sockets?
The original ones have only one orange wire
do I add a black wire to all new sockets and ground them all together?
Do I need a resistor on each LED bulb?
Anyones with a drawing or pic would be spprecisted
Thanks

ams340mag

Why didn't you just get LED bulbs to fit the original sockets? That is what I just did on my Road Runner clone. The only drawback to the kind I have is you can't dim or brighten them. Luckily I like them the brightness they are.

The originals have just one wire because the metal clips that hold them to the cluster serve as the ground. Do these new lights use these clips also? If they do, you don't need a separate ground.

I have new instrument led bulbs that fit the original sockets, they do dim and they do fit

I have new instrument led bulbs that fit the original sockets, they do dim and they do fit

Can you give us some info on these lights, manufacturer, price and where to buy? Thanks.

Question guys, what type of work does it take to fit a ralley gauge cluster in to a 440 model coronet dash?

It's a different dash frame. You'd need to remove the windshield to remove and swap in a new dash. My previous owner had hacked up the dash trying to make it work. I sourced a rallye dash frame and had it swapped.

Auto Transport Service
Back