• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ralley Cluster

justanotherguy

Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone, working on my 73 satellite and trying to get the Guage clusters to cooperate. I cleaned the fuse box with a wire wheel and dremel, replaced all the fuses and good news. My oil pressure, temp, fuel, and amp guages appear to be working. However, the speedometer and rmp Guages and in assuming odometer are not working at all. Any ideas how I should go about problem solving?

20231023_113255.jpg

20231023_113942.jpg

20231019_115939.jpg

Speedometer/odomometer is a mechanical gauge, nothing electrical related to it. Have you checked on back of cluster for the speedo wire being connected? Or transmission end underneath the car?

Tach is electric but is sourced by the Acc feed on harness, so if you get some other accesories working like rear deffog, or AC Blower, pretty sure tach is damaged or trigger wire coming from coil.

Hmmm. Interesting. I'll have to check. Thank you for the reply! I'm learning as I go here. I see there is nothing plugged into the acc option for the fuse box. I'm sure that's got something to do with it.

Ammeter is connection from the alternator/regulator.

I've seen several that were problematic and bypassed.

Should have the thickest wires besides battery cables attached to the posts.

The acc feed original used by the tach is not that one. Is a triple female bullet terminal feed hanging around On harness. Yellow rubber mold on tan wire. Diff stuff is what has been hacked around by the previous owner/mech

From the distance it seems to be this one.

D514F8BF-63CA-448A-B59B-7DEA6A0B96F9.jpeg

Wires arriving to that mold uses to be green with yellow mold end

Here's some more close-up pics.
Feb 11th (6).jpg
Feb 11th (7).jpg
Feb 11th (13).jpg

That black hockey stick tape bundle is my ammeter wiring connections. I have by-passed my ammeter guage.
The 2 wires are bolted together and taped up - that's why there are no connections on the back of the ammeter gauge.

Auto Transport Service
Back