Rallye Dash Question - 70 RR

Electrical & Ignition

1. roadrunner57

roadrunner57 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    9:18 AM
    So I compared an original non Rallye Satellite Dash cluster wiring harness with the Rally wiring harness I am installing. I ohm'ed out all the wires from one end to the other and all looks good. Other than the wires one would expect (headlight switch, heater/AC, etc), the biggest differences I see are ground wires. I see two ground wires for the non Rallye, one may have been added because it doesn't look original. I do not see ANY separate ground wires for the Rallye. Does this mean that the dash frame itself it what provides the grounding for that entire wiring harness? Or am I missing something incredibly simple but very important?

Thanks in advance!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Lionized

Lionized Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      6:18 AM
      You're bang on.
      Dash frame grounds the cluster housing but it's never a bad idea to add additional.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • roadrunner57

roadrunner57 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
        9:18 AM
        I added another to the left screw clip where the dash screws in. Any other place recommended?

• Ray70Chrg

Ray70Chrg Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        6:18 AM
        I had same question a few months ago when I was finishing up the dash install. Took a continuity check from several screw holes to the negative post on the battery and it was connected. Whew!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.