• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rallye dash speedo disassembly

Embracetomorrow

Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
Slowly working on my rallye dash for my 68 charger. Does anyone have a link on how to disassemble the speedo? The rest of the gauges won’t be an issue for put decals on, but my speedo is pretty messed up and going to need disassembled.

There is a series of shorts videos on YouTube, by Mr. Heaterbox. It focuses on E-body gauge refacing, etc., but the rules are the same for B-bodies - this is what I referred to when I did my rallye gauges on my bird a couple years ago. Here's one on the speedo:

The pictures show the tumbler assembly removed, then refaced, then the total assembly using some of these videos. It's really very simple. Take your time.

If there's a thread on this forum, I apologize for stealing one from the E-Body guys!

IMG_20181223_165307343.jpg IMG_20181223_170424352_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg IMG_20181223_175027667_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

There is a series of shorts videos on YouTube, by Mr. Heaterbox. It focuses on E-body gauge refacing, etc., but the rules are the same for B-bodies - this is what I referred to when I did my rallye gauges on my bird a couple years ago. Here's one on the speedo:

The pictures show the tumbler assembly removed, then refaced, then the total assembly using some of these videos. It's really very simple. Take your time.

If there's a thread on this forum, I apologize for stealing one from the E-Body guys!

View attachment 1123632 View attachment 1123633 View attachment 1123635

Ah thank you sir!!!

1968 Charger gets a Tic Toc Tach upgrade! --try this search on youtube it was helpful to me.

Auto Transport Service
Back