• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rallye Tach - 3 year old OER **** the bed

dadsbee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
Anyone else had their OER tachometer go stupid. Worked flawless right down to the last time I took her out.

Starting the car today I noticed while cranking the needle was bouncing back and forth between 7500 and 8000 +. Running, pegged FULL scale. I unhooked the lead at the coil, but still the same deal starting and running. Clock still working at least. Not impressed considering it was over 600 Canuck bucks and not too keen on tearing my dash apart again.

Surprised it worked that long. Sorry for the expense.

I bought a Tick Tock Tach. About a year or so after I bought it the adjustment knob for the clock broke (maybe the third or fourth time I used it), so I can't adjust the time. Poor construction with shitty quality materials. :cursin:
Tach, however, still works fine 8 years later.

I'm not doubting that the tack is bad, but if you can, maybe run a temporary wire to it to confirm no wiring issues?

Anyone else had their OER tachometer go stupid. Worked flawless right down to the last time I took her out.

Starting the car today I noticed while cranking the needle was bouncing back and forth between 7500 and 8000 +. Running, pegged FULL scale. I unhooked the lead at the coil, but still the same deal starting and running. Clock still working at least. Not impressed considering it was over 600 Canuck bucks and not too keen on tearing my dash apart again.

Yes, back in 2015.....two years after I installed it on the 69 Bee

It ticked randomly, pegged......then died. $395 down the drain.

Guess it's time to restore the original..
......that and the stuff OER is making now is even worse. I have no idea what the rebuild cost would be......but given the labor and time getting one back in there.....

So I just hit the shop and noticed the needle back at zero. Hooked up the battery... still at zero. Cranking it rose just above zero and once running stayed on zero. Hooked the tach wire back up and functioning properly again. I guess it just wanted Mother's Day off!

That sucks, but at least on a 68-70 Rally Dash B Body it's the only gauge that's easily removed from the car without having to take the entire cluster out.

Auto Transport Service
Back