• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Ram hood ornament

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick66

Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
Looking for the spring-loaded Dodge Ram truck hood ornament, complete with base. Must be an original Dodge part, not any of the vaguely similar copies that are of piss-poor quality that are out there. I've seen a few on ebay, but I'm not a fan of that venue. These were used from roughly 1981 through 1988 or so. Tell me price in a PM. Thanks!!!

1708025593842.png

I have a beautiful ram head that some one broke off my new ram back in 88 but it is just the head no base. It’s perfect.

My father in law had a nos one when I was visiting in December. He worked at a mopar parts depo and would pick these types of things from time to time because they were going into the trash. Cheaper to throw them away than restock. I’m taking to him tonight and will see if he still has it. If so I’ll pm you.

I have 5 at home without bases. I used to have a 90 Ram 250 back when we were kids that someone would steal the Rams head off of my truck. Knowing I needed a replacements all the time. Numerous buddies would bring me one when they would stop by for a visit. Needless to say I wound up with more than I ever used....

Looking at the above pictures of the head only, and then the completed assembly, it looks like a cotter pin and a spring could go a long way if you could get a replacement head. The bases normally don't get ripped off the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back