• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Charger picture thread

My old 68 383 4bbl power window parts car. Crumpled firewall, missing frame rails, etc.

type2.jpg

benpw68.jpg

benpw682.jpg

I took these pics maybe 25 years ago maybe more and surprisingly the car is still around and in the same shape. More car pics in the Jokes section cars in yards thread.

orangcharben1.jpg

orangraceben2.jpg

Yesterday at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno Nevada, I saw this '70 Charger.

CF 1.JPG

Side exit exhaust, tucked bumper, one piece taillight lens, filler valance seams, quarter panel caps....

CF 2.JPG

I didn't like the lack of the rain gutters or cowl grille but I love how tight the bumper fits to the fender.

CF 3.JPG

For comparison, here is mine in red:

2.JPG

Something about the back end just looks wrong, it seems too flat and not proportional. Simply put, the hips are too wide, and the butt is too flat

The tucked in bumper does make the back of the car look "blunt"....

7.JPG

CF 1.JPG

Since this is a "custom", the valance looks more upright than stock too.

I am not a fan of the tuck bumpers or taillights but nicely done car.

My old girl still has it. I won a door prize today and an award in my class at a show.

20220807_131449.jpg

20220807_131505.jpg

20220807_162128.jpg

20220807_162114.jpg

Yesterday at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno Nevada, I saw this '70 Charger.

View attachment 1325215

Side exit exhaust, tucked bumper, one piece taillight lens, filler valance seams, quarter panel caps....

View attachment 1325221

I didn't like the lack of the rain gutters or cowl grille but I love how tight the bumper fits to the fender.

View attachment 1325224

For comparison, here is mine in red:

View attachment 1325225
It looks like they did away with the rubber filler. I want to paint mine 2016 Hellcat Challenger Plum Crazy. I’d like to do the same with the bumper. It’d be cheaper than rechroming.

It’s a lot more than just doing away with a rubber filler. There’s more than likely a ton of hours into cutting and welding on the bumper brackets, bumper and fenders to make that all nice and tight.

It’s a lot more than just doing away with a rubber filler. There’s more than likely a ton of hours into cutting and welding on the bumper brackets, bumper and fenders to make that all nice and tight.
The bumper mounts can be slotted to move the bumper rearward but there will still be a gap there. The edge of the bumper is not smooth like sheet metal so it may look jagged against the edge of the fender.

Did Chrysler put such a big gap in the 70 charger grill for the 5mph bumper crap, or did 5mph bumpers come later?

Later....
The rubber seal is there to hide the gap. Way back in the old days, bumpers did have small gaps from the body to allow for some flex and movement before contacting the body. In the early 70s, 1973 most notably, the bumpers in most cars got bigger and stood off the body a little more in accordance with Federal regulations. The 1970 models pre-dated those regulations.

I offered to buy this car or trade a running driving 70 Charger for it and the owner was a nice guy but not interested. I believe the car is still around.

68smashbenwin.jpg

My 69. Just finished a lot of work on the 512 stroker and the engine bay. I screwed up on the rear wheels and tires and going to something wider. As close to 300 as I can get.

Charger 028 sm.jpg

Charger 086 sm.jpg

FB_IMG_1656940372280.jpg

FB_IMG_1656940378211.jpg

Interior 1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back