• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rarest of the rare '73 Charger Convertible

WheelsOfTerror

Local time
7:07 AM
Reaction score
Hi Mopar freaks- I've seen this guy driving around Los Angeles a few times, and even chatted with him once- he's a Frenchie so maybe that's where they make his jackalope unicorn convertible '73 Charger. I grabbed this vid from my '72 B100 a few months ago and forgot about it till today. This is real and it exists. Anybody know him? Is he on here? Enjoy?:

I knew one 74 made in Venezuela long time ago which it was being sold on a local cars sale website. I saved the pics but unfortunately they were lost on a failed hard disk.

EDITING: it was an awful job :(

Last edited:
8250453-DSC00666 (1).JPG
Who don't have a Charger convertible?

Last edited:
Wow, that's crazy. I've seen a couple cars over the years where someone made a convertible model that didn't exist from the factory. It sure looks like one of those. I would LOVE to see what it looks like with the top down!

Guy I bought my car from was making a 70 Superbird convertible, he needed to fund the project. Hope it went well.

Wow, that's crazy. I've seen a couple cars over the years where someone made a convertible model that didn't exist from the factory. It sure looks like one of those. I would LOVE to see what it looks like with the top down!
this one i stumbled across was at a show b4 the plandemic. mokena mebbe? havent seen her since
charger.JPG
charger1.JPG
charger4.JPG

I had a yeller Dakota R/T, I hate yeller. But for some reason sometimes yeller looks good. In this case it does.

Guy in my local Mopar club just got his new Challenger back from a custom shop that made it into a convertible they did a great job on it
I've seen a few cars that never had it like bandit trans am or same generation Camaro

I've seen this guy driving around Los Angeles a few times, and even chatted with him once- he's a Frenchie
I laughed at this. The mention of the term Frenchie makes me think of some snobby, smelly, self righteous jerkoff that feels that he is above everyone else until he is called out for it...then he cowers in fear and cries for help.

1 fag hair.jpg

I may be far off base but I had a good laugh thinking about it.

View attachment 1202857 Who don't have a Charger convertible?

this one i stumbled across was at a show b4 the plandemic. mokena mebbe? havent seen her since
View attachment 1202903 View attachment 1202904 View attachment 1202905
2nd gen Charger may be the most beautiful convertible never manufactured. I personally think chargervert's 70 is the best ragtop I've ever seen. If Chrysler had manufactured it, it would've blown away anything GM, Ford, or anyone ever made. Except for that steering wheel, that 68 is awesome as well.

Talk about screwing with the purists. :lol:

This picture is of a 1969 Charger that ended up with a '70 front clip. I took this picture around 1985 or so....with a Kodak Disc camera - hence the poor quality.

The owner needed a new front end brought over from the States back in the late 70's, and this is what turned up. Of course, sending parts back was out of the question financially, so it was just bolted on.

1969 Charger June 1985 a.jpg

Screenshot of our Carjam service taken just now....notice the cc rating is 'devalued' to save on the fees. The Post Office staff back in the day didn't know how to convert to cubic inches or washing machines back in the day.
1708850172987.png

Last edited:
That Charger front end on the 4 door was a picture from some big show back East. You can see they made the front door blend with the fender and even integrated the scallops. I'm not sure why they painted it an almost flat sheen, maybe to sort of make it look like a "survivor" type car?
Regardless...I like it for it's unique and rather impressive effort.

My own '70 Charger, the one I bought in 2000....
I really did want a 1969 model. I was looking for a '69 front end to swap onto the car the first couple of months I owned it.
The styling of the '70 just grew on me. It didn't take long before I loved it and at this point today, I prefer the '70 styling over any other year.
(Stockholm syndrome?)
It helped that the original grille was in perfect shape, the hood and driver's fender too.

3 2000 I.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back