• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RB Pad Stamping

turbine68rt

Turbine Bronze Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:48 PM
Reaction score
Does this type of stamping mean that it was a warranty replacement? Couldn't find a VIN on the block.

20201108_165913.jpg

Water tested. I would suspect it's a Warranty block. Is there a tag on the passenger side by the frost plugs, or at least evidence of the block being drilled for a driven spline rivet to hold on a tag?

Water tested. I would suspect it's a Warranty block. Is there a tag on the passenger side by the frost plugs, or at least evidence of the block being drilled for a driven spline rivet to hold on a tag?
I will have to check next time I go to my friend's shop. We're reinstalling the numbers matching engine/trans for a customer and he had this one in there for a number of years. Thanks for the info.

What year is the car ? Last 8 of the Vin is stamped on the left oil pan rail on 68 and above. Not below 68.
This 440 was used with a 6 pack setup by the original owner for years, but I'm helping reinstall the original rebuilt engine back into a 68 Coronet R/T (vin on top rear of block like mine). I think this block has a 4/70 casting date but couldn't find a vin stamping anywhere.

What year is the car ? Last 8 of the Vin is stamped on the left oil pan rail on 68 and above. Not below 68.
68 is up on the bell housing top by the oil sending unit, not on the pan rail. And isn’t it on the right side above the oil pan?
E81E180E-EB66-4589-B318-B5201A15A9E2.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back