• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Really Bad work, I mean BAD!

attachment.jpg

Seriously Donny, what are those noodle strings?

Please tell me that's not flux core wire whiskers?

Just wait till "save the tube worms" finds out about this...

egregious crimes against tubed creatures.

Its going in Epoxy primer early next week, have it all done for customer by mid to late next week, owner will continue to repair his Camaro, but, it is what it is!

Here's some pics taken today, topside, notice the cracked Frame, and the top welds are pure 100% beginner, on a pure 100% expert required task (Mini Tub).
IMG_0851.jpgIMG_0848.jpgIMG_0847.jpgIMG_0840.jpgIMG_0834.jpgIMG_0830.jpg

I've been welding for decades, and that mess has me baffled. I really couldn't duplicate that metal moss effect if I was asked to do so.

haven't seen any welding like that since I saw a kid using the stich welding it look like the old hay stack candy not sure what he was doing other than making a mess

Atleast he was smart enough to hire you to build the rotisserie for him...he'd be dead for sure if he welded up his own rotisserie

attachment.jpg

Seriously Donny, what are those noodle strings?

Please tell me that's not flux core wire whiskers?
It doesn't look like any weld I have ever seen, I want to say that it is some kind of glue or wires stuck together to make a mashed noodle soup painted in a primer. I hope he sees the light and goes out and buys a quality welder (then reads the directions), or at least have somebody else do it. I am willing to bet this though. The "welds" that he has done here, have no structural rigidity and will fail at the first sign of any use

View attachment 168189

The hamster bedding weld job is one thing, but to cut, mutilate, shave and basically eliminate the frame rail near the axle hump takes it to a new level. We shall call this car...."The Turd"

I can only assume that the frame rail will collapse when any weight is put onto it, given that it is basically made of weld ( and has been cut down to paper thin). The area surrounding the rail is made of cocking the rail could collapse into the car, somebody should tell this guy that this will never pass DOT testing, and could cause a danger to himself and others if he builds the whole car like this.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 168189

The hamster bedding weld job is one thing, but to cut, mutilate, shave and basically eliminate the frame rail near the axle hump takes it to a new level. We shall call this car...."The Turd"
Next thing you know he will cut the floor out and replace it with bathroom tile :spam-press:

The Frame Rails need to be cut, but not quite as much as this car has been cut to allow the new inner wheelhouse to fit. Detroit Speed Engineering also has coupons to put down on some 1/8 flat plate to make inserts where metal was removed, what they don't have is something to brace the inside Frame rail, where this guys frame rail is already cracked. I told him this is not structurally sound. He's apparently got a plan. Hope so!

I'll bet this car was actually a bit of fun to blast, as you wonder just what on earth you're going to uncover next. Especially since it isn't your problem.

They all reveal their true self. And each one cements the truth to me that if you DON'T blast like this, you're wasting money on anything you do to the car in the future. So, when I see or hear guys say "Oh the [insert whatever part of the car you'd like here] looks good" and the car part they're looking at has not been media blasted, they are FOOLS, FOOLS!!!!!!!

I don't think I have ever seen any bodywork that bad in my entire life. Get what ya pay for, for sure!!! Thank for sharing.

attachment.jpg

How do you even do that? seriously?

It looks like wire feed flame spray gone horribly wrong.

000019-01-250x250.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back