• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Really???

ETD66SS

Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
00l0l_hFG7Huwlnrj_1200x900.jpg

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/68-charger-t-440-4spd/6295216703.html

Why are MOPAR ppl so crazy with the prices? :wtf:

68 R/T 4spd is kind of my dream car, but this thing is a disaster and he wants $16k? NOM motor as well....

Is this a legit price? If so, I don't think I'll ever have my 68 Charger...

Frame rails, floor pan, 1/4's, haven't even seen the trunk yet. The guy is dreaming!!!

He's listing all this "provenance" but the car is a POS as it stands, I only know GM (Chevelle) prices but I would compare this to say a 66SS true 138 car, in that kind of condition you're looking at $3500...

Maybe I don't know MOPAR prices all that well but I'd never give more than $6000 for that car.

I think he not far off on his price. He will probably get close to that. Where are you going to find a R/T 4 speed car

I think he not far off on his price. He will probably get close to that. Where are you going to find a R/T 4 speed car

If that's true then I think my only hope is to not shoot for a true r/t or SuperBee etc. The money is out of my league.

You were quietly enjoying your SS396 and Mopar went and smacked you upside the head. Think 63 split window or Yenko to put you in the frame of mind for 68-70 Chargers or 70-71 Ebodies.

A Flintstone'd 68 R/T in GG1, he's not too far off asking 16K. 12K is not crazy today.

They are starting to reach the same status as a 69 Camaro!
Sarcasm noted. Just trying to say to GM guy shocked at Charger prices that even trim/engine packages for Mopar separates from the pack moreso like a special order Camaro does for bowties.

Done well, a NOM could ask 60K (warranty next best for numbers hunters) as opposed to 75K for #s, vs. 22K for a 318. Starting prices are usually proportionate when sellers know this, I wouldn't pay 12K but I'm sure there would be a line if he came down to that.

Sarcasm noted. Just trying to say to GM guy shocked at Charger prices that even trim/engine packages for Mopar separates from the pack moreso like a special order Camaro does for bowties.

Done well, a NOM could ask 60K (warranty next best for numbers hunters) as opposed to 75K for #s, vs. 22K for a 318. Starting prices are usually proportionate when sellers know this, I wouldn't pay 12K but I'm sure there would be a line if he came down to that.

It's actually similar with Chevelle's, a #'s '70 LS6 vs. a 307 CID Malibu for example. Heck, even my true #'s 138 66 SS396 360HP could fetch high 60's if fully restored to build sheet, so I do understand. However, this specific case, a NOM Charger with all the sheet metal being ****, $16k seems just a bit too much "Mopar or no car" to me...

Wondering what it will ultimately go for.

Problem is for awhile now people with more money than brains have been paying the high prices..some folks don't care they just want it when they see them get 100k on the TV auctions... What a hunk of crap the seller even discloses major rust issues...not to mention it's up in Buffalo? Surprised it still stands on it's own 4 wheels....

Lets say if I were to buy this 68, would all of the sheet metal required be available from AMD? And I mean AMD stamped parts (I know they are stamped overseas but at least they use the correct thickness sheet metal), not some other manufacturer. I have experience using both AMD stamped stuff and other Taiwan stuff.

I might go look at this car this week.

Also, are there drawings/specs out there for body jigs for these cars?

Last edited:
Lets say if I were to buy this 68, would all of the sheet metal required be available from AMD? And I mean AMD stamped parts (I know they are stamped overseas but at least they use the correct thickness sheet metal), not some other manufacturer. I have experience using both AMD stamped stuff and other Taiwan stuff.

I might go look at this car this week.
AMD makes most everything for these now.
A 4spd Dana R/T. How bad do you want one. The price isn't out of line today...

AMD makes most everything for these now.
A 4spd Dana R/T. How bad do you want one. The price isn't out of line today...

I think the seller is too far from what I'd be willing to offer, but I might still go look at it. Looking at the add, and knowing how rotted cars get here (been in Western NY my whole life owned a bunch of rot boxes) I assume it needs pretty much all the sheet metal replaced.

They are starting to reach the same status as a 69 Camaro!
Except 69 Camaros are very common.
Every car show I attend has to have its own area just for gen 1 Camaros and over half of them are 69s

Unfortunately their guy will probably get at least 10k. Even if it is just a donor for the VIN

$16k might be reaching a bit, but he's not out of line. a lot of us settle for coronet/ sat / belvederes for that reason. These ain't Novas.

$16k might be reaching a bit, but he's not out of line. a lot of us settle for coronet/ sat / belvederes for that reason. These ain't Novas.

I guess that's the decision... Clone a base car or pay up.

I like the restoration process myself, in fact, I like restoring stuff more than I like using it. Problem is, base cars don't seem to be worth the $$ to restore.

I don't think I could ever pull the trigger on this one of it's going to be over $10k, and it sounds like it would be over that...

Auto Transport Service
Back