• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Bumper Guards In Wrong Location?

A383Wing

Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
What do you say? Are these rear bumper guards in the wrong location on this 67 R/T? On the 67 Charger, they are located at the inner bumper bolts just on either side of license plate....these are at the outer bumper bolt holes....

Attachments

• 67RTrearpanel.jpg
    67RTrearpanel.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 231
They should be inboard a bit further, almost at the outer edge of the trunk lid seam.

that would be correct for a 66 car....but this is a 67 R/T......

I did a little looking and found a number of 67 R/Ts with your placement bumper guards but also some with the guards more inboard lined up with the trunk seam....interesting. :icon_question:

the front guards on this same car are inboard at the bumper bolts

- - - Updated - - -

this is the placement on a 67 Charger's rear guards...same rear bumper

Attachments

• bumperguards0003.jpg
    bumperguards0003.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 171
The 67's I've seen have the bumper guards on the outside, just how they are in your picture

i12560.jpg

My 67 coronet 500 was a survivor with no changes. My bumper guards were to either side of the license plate, inboard. But who knows?

I bet these were in at least 2 locations in '67. As they were dealer fitted options I bet.

I believe the brochure placement to be correct, as I stated earlier. The others could've been what THAT assembly line did, or could be a dealer-added guard put on at customer request.

Auto Transport Service
Back