• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear end question

tuononero

Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
Alright guys, for the first time in 1 and a half year after my 77 Monaco had been hit in the back i was able to go underneath the car and inspect the damage more carefully.
I'm still waiting the insurance company to adjust their offer to match the real world.
However i noticed these two leaks on the rear end that were clearly not there before the accident.
Now I don't know if that can be fixed or not but I'm preparing myself for the worst... a swap.

My question is what other vehicle shares the same rear end?
Maybe a newer and more common vehicle? Or something with a better ratio that makes my car move a little faster at slow speeds since it has a very tired 318 that i can't afford to replace at the moment.

Thanks a lot for any input.

IMG_20171202_144619.jpg IMG_20171202_144626.jpg

Is that from the brake line, or is the housing leaking where the axle tubes are welded?

It's definitely the housing. The brake line is intact.

**** give them some prices of a new 8 3/4 or dana 60 from dr diff tell them the whole thing needs to be replaced.

Auto Transport Service
Back