• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear end shots...

IMG_1809.JPG

325/50-15 with springs moved into frame

View attachment 390809
Hi
325/50-15 with springs moved into frame

View attachment 390809
Hello pwr440, love this pic of your car. Tires look awesome under there. I have been wanting to put some chunky tires on as well, I also have a 64 Dodge and when you say that you moved your springs into the frame, does that mean that you NEEDED to move them for tire clearance ( as in the tire will not fit unless you move the springs? ) or other reasons? I ask because it looks like there might be a bit of room under there after installing 275/60/15's (going by what pics I see of others that have posted pics ) I just thought of another question, What is involved in moving the springs? Also what width of rims are you using 8" or 10" and what back spacing? Thanks for your reply, appreciate it. Preachr, Ontario Canada

Last edited:
Last edited:
Khrysler kid, I have beeen following your build and you are doing some nice work there, car looks awesome and the video of you trying out your sure grip was great, LOL, just need more of it.
You I think have 275/60/15. are there any room in there for more tire? 3325/50/15?

I don't think there is enough room for anything larger without moving the springs inward. I used the original housing with Dr Diff flanged axels, as I showed in my build thread. Actually I didn't have enough clearance between the tire and spring with a 4 1/2" back space. Should have used a 4 1/4" back space wheel so I had to go with spacers for now. Wheel lip clearance is at a maximum too with this combo.

Thanks for the compliments!

I don't think there is enough room for anything larger without moving the springs inward. I used the original housing with Dr Diff flanged axels, as I showed in my build thread. Actually I didn't have enough clearance between the tire and spring with a 4 1/2" back space. Should have used a 4 1/4" back space wheel so I had to go with spacers for now. Wheel lip clearance is at a maximum too with this combo.

Thanks for the compliments!
Thanks for the info , greatly appreciated, I would like to try the 325 tires but alittle pricey to buy one and just try it. again thanks for the info, and keep up the good work. I'll be following.

Auto Transport Service
Back