• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear leaf spring replacement

MO roadrunner

Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score
My 1970 roadrunner with HP383 starting to sit low in the rear, believe it's time to replace rear leaf springs, car has the A31 high performance axle package, 6 leafs on driver's side and 5 on the passenger side. Checked Eaton's website and it shows 5 leaves on both sides is what car is suppose to have. If you put in the 440 engine option, it says 7 on one side and 6 on the other. Called Eaton and they weren't sure what should be on the car. I want to get springs from them so I can get the 2 inch lift, don't want to go crazy on raising the rear, but I think car looks better with rear a little higher. Should I order 1 five leaf and 1 six leaf spring ? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

The info I have states that A31 cars had hemi/440 suspension. I don't know if that is true or not, but the hemi/440 springs had six leaves on the drivers side and five leaves with two half leaves on the passenger side. I think I would go with them. Ride stiffness would be about the the same as you have now.

You could raise it with air shocks too

Auto Transport Service
Back