• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear sway bar links

Call Firm Feel and talk to Dick. I got a setup for my 73 Roadrunner and the seem to work well. Check my thread in the members projects section under My 73 Roadrunner restoration as I just posted a couple of pics yesterday of the rear sway bar.

idrivemopar...If you could, can you snap-n-post a close up shot of the sway bar link/bushing..?...thanks :)

Advance Auto (or Auto Zone, now I can't remember) carries Energy Suspension brand links in several sizes.

I had to go to two different stores to find the size I needed but was better than ordering, waiting and paying shipping.

Edit- Actually- the bolts were too long/short and I had to get new bolts from Lowes, but were only $2 each.

yup, thats my thing, i absolutely hate waiting on stuff to come in the mail...I would rather drive 50 miles around town collecting parts that i can have in my hand that day, vs. waiting on a part/s to come in the mail...

I think I spent $22 for the kit plus the $4 for the bolts and about $5 for gas...so it was basically a wash on price vs ebay/rockauto plus shipping...and I had them in 3 hours versus 48 plus.

Now I have some really long bolts that might work for a water pump, alternator, or something.

Here is the best shot of the end link and body mount, both from Firm Feel. The angle of the end link is off a bit, most likely because the engine and trans have not been installed so the whole angle of the car is wrong. I suspect these will line up better once the nose of the car sits down and causes the rear to rotate into correct position.
IMAG1641small.jpg

Idrivemopar are you using the factory sway bar plate.FFI doesn't show this part.Sorry, didn’t mean to hi jack the thread

Yes, I am using the factory sway bar plates lucky enough to find a set of NOS plates as both of mine were heavily pitted and one was cracked. Also using the factory sway bar.

factory plates are out there just be ready to drop minimum $200. nice setup they offer. wasn't aware FFI made them.
900.jpeg

Here is the best shot of the end link and body mount, both from Firm Feel. The angle of the end link is off a bit, most likely because the engine and trans have not been installed so the whole angle of the car is wrong. I suspect these will line up better once the nose of the car sits down and causes the rear to rotate into correct position.
View attachment 129625

The detail is outstanding ... nice work idrive

Here's a couple snaps of before I cleaned up the plates... The plate numbers in case you want to search for more pics are: pn 3643818 & 3643819

IMG_0444.jpgIMG_0443.jpg

I'll take some more pictures this afternoon of the cleaned up plates and iso mounts which I'm thinking if either using solid pucks or completely eliminating... decisions decisions

- - - Updated - - -

Only reason I asked, it almost looks like an F-M-J body rear shock plate could be made to work in a pinch.

yes likely could but you may have to change the shock itself as it mounts differently I think

here is the FJM rear ISO set-up (note the shock mounting)... it's upside down compaired to the B setup

rear%20iso's.jpg

suspension ISO.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

badvert65, looking and thinking about it more I think you may be onto something... If you take that FMJ shock plate, turn it backwards and swap sides it may just work. Just have to compare the angles for the links to the swaybar. (I dont have an FJM shock plate around to compare though unfortunately)

- - - Updated - - -

Well just compared the actual mounting and it looks like the angle using the FJM is opposite than is required for the sway bar in the stock location, sorry.

suspension sway bar.jpg

Oh here is a couple snaps I just took of the cleaned up parts, just need new pivot bushings for the frame mounts in case anyone was interested...

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

2014-03-17 21.36.28.jpg

I have a set of this style end link that need to be restored. 1 has a bend at the base and the other may be OK, PM me if your interested 20.00 ea + ship. I will post pics of the actual parts Tuesday night.

Auto Transport Service
Back