• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear window regulator Question

Judas

Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
Good afternoon, my first post and appreciate the help.

I have a 68 Coronet wagon. I want to power the rear window to open the tailgate/door to clean it out.
It has a 3 wire connection: Black, Red, and “yellow.”I connect a battery, but no power goes anywhere.
Is there a way to manually drop the glass to open the tailgate/door?
How can I power it directly at the motor?
It not like other wagons that have the key cylinder turn to a manual hand crank.
-J
IMG_1275.jpeg

IMG_1278.jpeg

Cool wagon. I don't know how that back window works but you might be able to find something in a service manual. I don't see 68 year listed but i would download the 69 Charger, Coronet, Dart manual from the page below. I would think 68 and 69 would be similar.

Here's a couple things to ponder. The motor could be stuck. That's why nothing happens. I believe there are also limit switches to stop the window when it's all the way up or down. Those could be bad. If you crawl into the cargo area, you can take out the tailgate panel. That should give you access to unbolt the window from the motor. Just be careful not to let it drop and break. Once the window is down into the tailgate, you should be able to open it. Then you can slide the window out and check everything easier.

Here are the pages from the Factory Service Manual that should help.

Attachments

• Wagon Tailgate Pages.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 56
If you need the wiring schematic, I can post those as well. If you get a chance to pick one up, the FSM is good to have. If not just ask and I can post or email what you"re looking for.

Auto Transport Service
Back