• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebuild kit for 66 1” single circuit master cylinder

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Does any one have a reference on a good quality master cylinder rebuild kit for the 66, single pot, manual brake master cylinder? I see a few old stock kits on eBay but I’m not crazy about putting 50 - 55 year old seals in mine. A Dorman kit part number for a kit would help, or for another good quality source. Most of the kits listed on web sites take a lot of digging to see what they will fit.

Thanks, but they show “0” master cylinder rebuild kits for 1966.

After a dozen dead end searches I think spending another $30 for a reproduction MC may be my best option.

After a dozen dead end searches I think spending another $30 for a reproduction MC may be my best option.
That's what I did.. as mine had totally leaked out the rear and down the firewall interior when I got the car. Bought a replacement and the OE master felt threatened and hasn't leaked a drop since!

Good luck on your search for break fluid for it... :lol:
1966plysathp2pt6 001.jpg
1966plysathp2pt6 002.jpg
1966plysathp2pt6 003.jpg
1966plysathp2pt6 004.jpg

Mine was converted to the dual pot 1967 and up.

I prefer some safety aspect over dead nuts stock appearance

And I only use synthetic fluid in my cars.
DOT3 is bad stuff.

"BREAK FLUID" If they cannot spell BRAKE, you confident they make good parts???
That is rather alarming. Everyone hates Chinese stuff but with gaffs like that it really stands out In your mind.

That is rather alarming. Everyone hates Chinese stuff but with gaffs like that it really stands out In your mind.
Yeah, Have any of you guys ever put up a ceiling fan that had the instructions "translated" from Chinese? Pretty funny, unless there is really a problem that ya can't figure out....
:wtf::lol:

This is what I find in their online catalog>
Manual Brakes?
Raybestos: Catalog Part Search

Power Brakes?
Raybestos: Catalog Part Search
This is for manual brakes. Outside of the fact it comes up as “unavailable” when I googled it on several seller sites, I wonder why they didn’t list it under Plymouth. I hate Raybestos description of parts. They won’t even confirm the diameter of the master cylinder bore.

But thanks for searching for me.

Yeah, I’ll probably try to find a Raybestos master. I noticed none of the websites now show any embossed instructions on the cap. Either they are photoshopping “Break” out or someone finally told the Chinese that if you can’t get the spelling right, just take it off all together.:lol:

Well, that one still has the “Break” cap.

Auto Transport Service
Back