• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Refurbished rallye dash, now no fuel, temp, oil pressure gauges!!!

koosh

Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
1969 Superbee Rallye dash, was removed, cleaned, new gage backgrounds, painted needles. All lamps removed, contact areas cleaned, all new lamps installed.
Before all this, everything worked, all 4 gages, even the fuel gage worked! Now--- only voltage gage works, the other 3 dead. All lights work perfectly.
Any ideas?

I dont even know what that looks like! Lol
Google search. It’s a small 1”x1/2”x1/4” (ballpark) silver rectangular electronic piece with 3 flat metal electrical connectors. It plugs not the back of the rally dash circuit board. It powers those 3 gauges and drops 12V power to 5V for the gauges. They fluctuate and burn out. Electronic replacements are available now or you can build one cheap (they work, I built one)

This.

IMG_9493.jpeg

Yup, ordered that. Dont know if i need it. Like i mentioned, everything worked before i pulled gage cluster out, don't know why it may have quit….
If everything was pulled apart and then put back together it’s a possibility it was removed and not reinstalled. Easy small part to misplace lol.

You may need to get a service manual to correct your problems.

If everything was pulled apart and then put back together it’s a possibility it was removed and not reinstalled. Easy small part to misplace lol.
I will be double checking that in the morning

Auto Transport Service
Back