• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remember The Days Before Political Correctness and Snowflakes?

I worked as a teen for my bike habit. Folks didn't have much extra for luxuries. Osteopathic Hospital kitchen, (that hairy jello in the walk in cooler surely killed some), and the car wash. Busted my *** there. It was good. Paid for my Camel Filters too

I am glad I was born in 63 that time period will never be repeated. Worked hard played harder and have the scars and stories to prove it.

Does everyone actually know what snowflake refers to?

Good question. I'm thinking delicate. Safe spaces, all the stuff we never had and did not need.

Collins defines the term Snowflake as, ‘The young adults of the 2010s, viewed as being less resilient and more prone to taking offence than previous generations”.

Does everyone actually know what snowflake refers to?

Things that melt when the heat gets turned up.

F*#$ snowflakes and their political correctness. Grow some balls, (not sure about the female comparison), and get the hell back to work you wussies. There is no free ride. I'm tired of having to worry about hurting someone's poor little feelings. I have a feeling or two..........my muscles are sore and my back aches. That comes from taking care of myself and my family, something they know nothing about.

I found a box with the boys "awards" from grade school and most said Participant. I'd forgotten that and it made me sad.

I'm older than you guys. I had my first bike at age nine (1959). A twenty six inch Columbia, that grandfather bought me. The stingray came out in the early sixties. We lived in the county, and were allowed to burn trash. I hated the job, as I had to stand there till the fire went out, no matter the weather. But once in a while someone would throw away a aerosol spray can. It was great to just stand back, and wait for the eventual fire and ash geyser as the can exploded in the flames, with a loud bang. I never broke bones, but had my share of cuts and abrasions. Even got stitches twice growing up. Tree climbing was one of my favorite pass times. I dared myself to climb as high as the tree would let me. Funny that I worked a bucket truck at one time in my work life. I think about that growing up once in a while. We didn't have a lot, but we had a comfortable home and food on the table. I remember my grandfather complaining about buying groceries for the family of four. Six bags as I recall, for a grand total of twenty one dollars. Until he died, I went through his estate, I never knew how much money he made. I was stunned when I read his tax records. Even for the sixties, the amount he took home wasn't a whole lot. I knew then just how tight things were.

I saw someone called Trump a snowflake. I think it has a second meaning related to the altreich.

Or from Webster online.
snowflake2.JPG

I can remember when slander was a crime with punishment.
A time when wall flowers were like snow flakes and the other political corrects remained in closets.

no stingray over here but one of these is what we used to try to jump the drain with ( way before BMX) ,man did that sissy bar hurt when it wacked you in the back or back of the head :lol:
IMG_9112.jpg

In my youth, a trip to Dentist for cavity fillings did not involve anesthetic!!

The words "Wait till your father gets home" usually meant you wouldn't walk straight for a week.

Do the dishes meant "Do the ******* dishes or suffer the consequences!"

Notice Richard Cranium's alter-ego in the sketch. :lol:

jug cord was bad enough ,if you ran he would just let go of one end .ouch !

I did my time in the laundry room when my dad got the stick out. If it broke he just got another one. Oohhhh did that hurt. With 9 kids we didn't have a lot of money laying around either. But like was said above - we had a comfortable home and food on the table. When we went on family outings they could only take half of us - but we saw a lot and they did a lot to bring us up right. We had a paper route in the family for 21 years. Had to pay for my own bicycle and high school - catholic. Never got new clothes. Always wore hand me downs. We cut lawns in the summer and shoveled driveways in the winters of Minnesota. Never got new toys either. Always it was books or other educational things at Christmas time. Most of the snowflake generation doesn't know what it's like to grow up the way most of did - we had depression era parents that grew up tougher than we did. I say we were blessed to have those times - and wish we could instill the same in some of these younger kids these days.

Auto Transport Service
Back