• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rent to own parts washer...

:rofl: Sad part about it is the child having to do that and with harsh solvents.

More than I get paid to do the same thing... the kid will go far!
1969dartcleanupweek17 020.JPG

I really miss the access i used to have to trichlorethylene.

My old house in Ca. May even be an EPA superfund site because of that too.

Last edited:
What's the cleaning solvent we used in the 60's that was banned because it caused cancer?

We used to wash up at the end of the day with that stuff...right after we blew all the asbestos dust off tomorrow's brake job!

What's the cleaning solvent we used in the 60's that was banned because it caused cancer?

We used to wash up at the end of the day with that stuff...right after we blew all the asbestos dust off tomorrow's brake job!
Don't know but when I hired on at a refinery in 1980, guys were cleaning their tools and hands with MEK and other types of chemicals...

Carbon tet.

****, I still have a cousin that uses brake cleaner as hand cleaner. 70 years old and still mean as a snake. Only had one liver transplant so far.

Carbon tet.
That's it....

I got a job at 14 pumping gas and cleaning the two bay shop every night.

Carbon tet was the cleaner I used to clean up any oil or grease on the floor ( my boss did not like Oil Dri).

I also had to clean every tool that was used that day by submerging them in an aerated steel tank containing carbon tet, letting them soak them dry by hand with a cloth shop towel.

Then I scrubbed the floors.

In the late 70’s a buddy had a 55 gallon drum of carbon yet in his basement for cleaning parts. I convinced him to get rid of it before he killed his whole family.

Auto Transport Service
Back