• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repainting switch bezel

red 69 runner

Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
Does any body have a good technique for repainting the lettering on the switch bezel on a 69 RR,I tried those little scratch repair pens but they seem to put too much paint out ,any suggestions.

X-Fine detail brush from hobby shop, enamel white, no heavy booze/beer the night before, layoff the coffee the day of.

Or.....send to "rrunner" on the site...Don't know if he still resto's them, but does an amazing job for a great price. Quick turnaround. Great guy.

Hi
I recently did mine and I used a small fine tip Sharpee white marker that I bought from an office supply store. I used a paper towel to blot off any excess paint, when needed. It worked out perfectly! They also have a silver marker that a guy should keep on hand too ...
Good luck!
Art

I used white touch up paint and applied it with a toothpick. This eliminated the fine hairs on the side of a brush putting paint where I didn't want it. Worked for me anyway.

I used white touch up paint and applied it with a toothpick. This eliminated the fine hairs on the side of a brush putting paint where I didn't want it. Worked for me anyway.

I used a toothpick too and it worked nice. Slow process but great results.

first try

BeepBeep002-2.jpg

not sure if I am satisfied,probably wipe it down and re paint a couple more times,practice makes perfect,ha ha

Auto Transport Service
Back