• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repair broken tail light lense

Bobby Goolsby

Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
What is the best thing to glue my lense back together? I have both broken pieces.

Year model car?
20210209_125022.jpg

Mine is a 72 Charger SE
1972 I used seal all to piece together a taillight on our 67 Charger, still together today. I would use a clear epoxy or something recommended for early lenses. Can’t remember what type of plastic they have. I will be doing a 1st gen taillight lense.

1972 I used seal all to piece together a taillight on our 67 Charger, still together today. I would use a clear epoxy or something recommended for early lenses. Can’t remember what type of plastic they have. I will be doing a 1st gen taillight lense.
Clean it with rubbing alcohol first?

Clean it with rubbing alcohol first?
I didn’t back in 72. I will most likely clean it with dawn detergent and rinsing well with water. I am fortunate to have broken pieces to experiment with. There are also some very good glues out there.
I would think there are members here that have other success stories.

Auto Transport Service
Back