• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repairing Door Hinge Pillar?

Falcor31

Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to car restoring, and working on a charger 1974.

My body shop guy asked me to see if I could find this part/pillar since it's not fixable as you can see on the picture attached.

What do you think are my options to fix this? Look at a junkyard? What "part" or pillar should I be searching for?

After some googling I believe it's called a "door hinge pillar", but correct me if I'm wrong.

IMG-20221122-WA0063.jpg

You may want to check with AMD (Auto Metal Direct) for a repop piece. But I'd try to find a good original piece from a donor car. Something like this...

1669207241759.png

That panel wouldn't necessarily have to come from a Charger.

Could come from an E-body, or a Roadrunner/Satellite, Coronet, even a B body station wagon.

Yes, that's a A-pillar or hinge pillar as you stated. Get a clean oe part from ^^ moparmarks , the body man will section it in at the windshield post and the rocker panel for the proper repair.

Hey thanks so much for the replies.

You may want to check with AMD (Auto Metal Direct) for a repop piece. But I'd try to find a good original piece from a donor car. Something like this...

View attachment 1377312

AMD doesn't seem to produce one for the charger 74, I can't find any 70-71 A pillars there.

I'm out of the left side. Have a couple right ones.

Hey thanks a lot, if you come across another please let me know, rebuild will be stopped until I can find that :)

Body guy sent me this picture to better represent where cuts would be ideal. I found one from eBay and he quoted 300 + shipping from Texas to San Diego.

IMG-20221123-WA0018.jpg

Body guy sent me this picture to better represent where cuts would be ideal. I found one from eBay and he quoted 300 + shipping from Texas to San Diego.

View attachment 1377669
For 300?, thats not bad. Someone has to cut , box and ship. Make sure its clean enough to use prior to purchase.

Just a note that the A-pilar is at a little bit different angle on a 4-dr than a 2-dr so be sure to ask what it is off of.

Auto Transport Service
Back