• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement Carpet

russellswedge

Local time
6:48 AM
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a new member. My name is Russ and I live Michigan. I am interested in gaining information and opinions of best companies to buy correct fitment replacement carpet for my 1969 Charger. I have an automatic with buckets seat and a console.

Welcome to FBBO Russ! The Welcome Wagon is for introducing yourself & posting a pic or two of your Mopar. Your question about carpet would be best served by posting it in our Interior Forum: Interior - And/or our '68 to '70 Charger Forum: 1968-1970 Dodge Charger Forum

Now show us some pics!

Last edited:
Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. We need " proof of life" (pictures) of your Charger. I think ACC (Auto Custom Carpets) is about the only place that manufactures carpets now. They are available from many distributors. Try to find one with free shipping.

Last edited:
Welcome to FBBO

Welcome from the central coast of Cal.

69367779715__19D7F655-C599-4132-BA93-BE4E3E954010.jpeg

ACC is the only game in town for these old Mopars. I have been finding that Rock Auto has been the cheapest place to buy them. Only option you will have is standard or extra jute backing.

Welcome from Alabama, a Gen II Charger. Give us a little more information and post some pictures. I bought the last carpet from Stock Interiors. They are a ACC distributor.

If matching a specific color is an issue, some companies like Legendary Interiors and probably others will send you samples of ACC carpet to match up. Legendary also maintains a library of carpet colors that were used for specific interior colors.

ACC is the only game in town for these old Mopars. I have been finding that Rock Auto has been the cheapest place to buy them. Only option you will have is standard or extra jute backing.
I noticed the replacement carpeting you can buy either has no backing or the mass backing. Could you please tell me what it's recommended and how much more difficult it is working with the mass backing? Thanks in advance.

That mass backing will provide noise and heat insulation from your floor board. If you have already applied some other type of insulation to your floor, you may not need it. It is only hard to work with if you have to cut hole foe dimmer switch, gas pedal, or console, etc.

I noticed the replacement carpeting you can buy either has no backing or the mass backing. Could you please tell me what it's recommended and how much more difficult it is working with the mass backing? Thanks in advance.
The standard carpet sets still have some backing like the originals, and are the only ones I have bought. I believe the mass backing ones have it everywhere.

Welcome! Replacing carpet is a good time to add sound deadener if the car doesn't have any. I like FatMat but there are plenty options out there though.

Chiming in here as my Charger will be released from paint jail hopefully in the next few weeks. I just had full front floor pans installed (AMD) and everything fully sealed and sprayed with bed liner, above and below. I'll be installing carpet over this, no need to paint it beautifully only to hide it with carpeting and break the bank. I've been reading that it's not necessary to add more sound dampening/expensive Dynamat if there's already a liberal application of bed liner. Might it also be unnecessary to go with the mass backing for the carpets?

InteriorFloorPansDone.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back