• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement for Kelsey Hayes KH 89410 combination valve

RayL

Local time
5:20 PM
Reaction score
Hello All,

I need to replace the combination valve (Kelsey Hayes KH 89410) on my '73 Challenger. Power brakes. Disc up front. Drum in back. 1.031" bore master cylinder.

Planning on installing this one from Master Power Brakes: VL3360K

Anyone have experience with this valve? Or a better one to recommend?

Thanks,
Ray

Myself I would just get a stock replacement and it should bolt right in. With that one you are looking at you will have to redo all your lines.

Myself I would just get a stock replacement and it should bolt right in. With that one you are looking at you will have to redo all your lines.
Thanks pnora. Do you have a source for the stock replacement? I've seen rebuild kits and some companies offering rebuild services (~ $150), but have not been able to find a stock replacement of this 50+ year old part.

Hello All,

I need to replace the combination valve (Kelsey Hayes KH 89410) on my '73 Challenger. Power brakes. Disc up front. Drum in back. 1.031" bore master cylinder.

Planning on installing this one from Master Power Brakes: VL3360K

Anyone have experience with this valve? Or a better one to recommend?

Thanks,
Ray
why not rebuild it?

20230624_183156.jpg

Had this guy rebuild a few prop valves for me over the years that were not available/discontinued. Does great work, turn around was pretty quick.

Brakes! Old Auto LLc -

Hey davek. I thought about getting the kits from Home | Muscle Car Research LLC, but my valve is really rusted and I can't get the switch out. I plan to soak it in parts cleaner before making a final decision. That said, I do like the mounting bracket included with the Master Power Brakes kit. Tucking the valve up under the Master Cylinder looks good to me. And I now have plenty experience making new brake lines ;-)

Had this guy rebuild a few prop valves for me over the years that were not available/discontinued. Does great work, turn around was pretty quick.

Brakes! Old Auto LLc -
Thanks Daytrepper. I tried to contact them via email a while ago but didn't a reply.

Here are two others offering the same service that did get back to me:

Auto Transport Service
Back