• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REPLACEMENT STEERING WHEEL

You guys must all have power steering wanting a smaller wheel. I need a bigger one the older I get. Guess I'll have to start collecting power steering parts.

You guys must all have power steering wanting a smaller wheel. I need a bigger one the older I get. Guess I'll have to start collecting power steering parts.
The wheels available are cool, but when I get into my time machine, MO, like the feel of that old skinny wheel in my fingers…exactly as they were back when.

Agree on that kk. With an All Iron MW under the hood, and No PS, it's a Bear backing into spots at cruises. I haven't seen any smaller wheels that look right in these, compared to the originals...

The big part of my problem was.... ME. I am a big guy, and the original steering wheel and my belly were fighting for space. I installed seat track extenders and this smaller wheel and now everything is fine. Yes, my Polara has power steering.

I didn't think about the horn, Does your new steering wheel operate the horn Dave?

My car does have power steering.

I didn't think about the horn, Does your new steering wheel operate the horn Dave?

My car does have power steering.
I actually had to ground it off the steering shaft. I soldered the ground wire to one of those push-on clip washers., and pushed the washer onto the threaded end of the steering shaft under the horn button. The other wire pushed onto a terminal on the horn switch. You just push on the horn button. No more horn ring.

The big part of my problem was.... ME. I am a big guy, and the original steering wheel and my belly were fighting for space. I installed seat track extenders and this smaller wheel and now everything is fine. Yes, my Polara has power steering.
Have you also got an Ididit steering column in your car ? I looked up that wheel under Classic, and they say it only suits the Ididit columns.

That looks identical to my Lecarra steering wheel that’s still in the box. Did you get that center emblem from here or eBay and attached it yourself?
Some one on this forum makes that centre Fratzog emblem. It comes with a sticky back to press on the horn button. Since the recess in my horn button was smaller than the emblem, I put it on with silicon glue. Purchased through E-bay.

Have you also got an Ididit steering column in your car ? I looked up that wheel under Classic, and they say it only suits the Ididit columns.
I bought it through Classic Industries. The information with it said that it fits Mopar steering shaft, and it did. I thought about Ididit tilt column, but passed, because I have Mopar cruise control on my Dodge column and did not want to lose it.

Some one on this forum makes that centre Fratzog emblem. It comes with a sticky back to press on the horn button. Since the recess in my horn button was smaller than the emblem, I put it on with silicon glue. Purchased through E-bay.
Thank you, I did buy one from the guy who was selling here, my horn button is chrome. I think the Fratzog emblem looks better on a black button.

Auto Transport Service
Back