• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repops of the welded square nuts on b bodies? or make your own when broke?

Matts68bird

Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
Hey everyone, was wondering what you guys have done with these in the past. My car had some that broke off and are not usable. Is there someone who makes these, or am I better off getting bar stock and making my own and welding them back on?

--pic attached--

thanks Matt

(1968 RR 383 4spd )
(multi year rebuild)

IMG_0060.jpeg

IMG_0058.jpeg

The cage ones are not it but thanks for the reply! I do have access to machines. Just sometimes easier to spend 20 bucks if they were available. I will go by making them, and tack them into place on a hidden side maybe if that is what you guys did?

The cage ones are not it but thanks for the reply! I do have access to machines. Just sometimes easier to spend 20 bucks if they were available. I will go by making them, and tack them into place on a hidden side maybe if that is what you guys did?
That's what I did........

Why not use cage nuts? If they would work? Just curious. They wound be the easy way out.

I made my own. Same as above. Flat stock, drill and tap, and I ground in the recessed ends with a cutoff wheel.

There is enough rotted metal down these parts so they are easy to get….

Inner fender to radiator support? Those are the ones I fabricated.

Yeah mainly for mounting my fenders back on. I will try to whip some up here later this evening if I have the bar stock in the garage! Will post final product. Thanks All!

Auto Transport Service
Back