• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

reproduction air con hoses

RT SE 440

Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
Hello guys just wondering if anyone makes reproduction air conditioner hoses for our old Mopars not to suit after market units but the original set ups

I’ve not seen any after repotted factory hoses. But what I did, was took old hoses, used them to mock up and fabricate new ones. I tried to make them look just like the old ones. I used the old ends of the hoses, but had an auto AC shop put on barbed ends and then crimp them for me as well.

I did most of my AC system on my 1973 Charger, it even has real R12. Hope all goes well with your car.

Azmoparboy

E7C68B65-199A-4261-B5F1-BC1DC8FA6E18.jpeg

I really like what you did with the hoses. How did you go about the adapter to go from the flanged rv2 connectors to modern hose connectors?
I just got my compressor back on the car withh all the pulleys. Now alls I have to do is sort out the hoses.
The evaporated and condenser are getting rebuilt at Original air.

Out of curiosity what did it cost you to have the ends recrimped?

There are two shops near me that do that, and I had a clutch cable end recrimped for a motorcycle I used to have for less than half the cost of a new cable.

...but that shop said recrimping my AC lines would likely cost more than buying new lines.

The cost for re-crimping the ends of the hoses was only the labor, about a half hour. There was another charge for braising on barbed ends to the lines and fittings so that the hoses would stay connected after crimping. I used all of my original metal plumbing to achieve the new lines. I live in Arizona and air-conditioning for automobiles is a big business out here. So finding a shop that would do what I wanted was not really hard to find. It really comes down to how bad you want this to go back together again. The cost is irrelevant if you are willing to go the distance.

I am attaching photos of all the connections that Were braised on with new Barb ends. Hope your his helps.

Azmoparboy

DEBEEFD8-38F9-4C4E-8D67-B1CE0A53C8B2.jpeg

4F4CA260-470B-42D5-B642-9E3C24383680.jpeg

1FE8746F-A977-4880-87EC-F1FB3BCC9B18.jpeg

7DEFC480-654B-4CDA-BDF9-6CD16C0FF9A0.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back