• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

reproduction dash pads 66-67 B bodies

gtx6970

Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
Anyone bought one of the repop dash pads for these cars. Recently???

Im toying with the idea to buy one and put it away . As the pad in my car was NOS when installed. BUT Arizona sun and summer heat takes it tolls on interior parts so I'm just thinking plan ahead

The reason I ask is a buddy of mine bought one of the PG / BEA pads several years back . To use in his 67 Coronet RT and the fit was NOT good. The steel frame it was molded wrong . And would not allow it to be pulled in tight where it curled down on the ends of the dash frame right . Thus caused it to pull up away from the top edge. Which was easily visible looking thru the windshield
And if this is still the case,,,,,, I will just keep and eye out for an original

He ended up buying a NOS tan / gold pad and dyed it black for the car

Don’t have any info on the repo’s. How much are they?

$389 for a repo. How much should a good used one go for?

PS, I would gladly pay $250 for a mint red one thats still soft

By the lack of responses here. Im assuming no ones bought these repops

I used one of the re-pops last year in my '66 Sat . I think I got it from Herbs before they sold out . It seemed to fit well , but it needed to sit in a warm place for a bit to give it a little flexibility . Would have been wayyyy easier to change out without the windshield in place , but ....... Take your time doing it and be careful to not bend it , as that will put a crease in it .

Are the reproduction pads available in colors other than black? If they are they may be dyed. I would not hesitate to use a dyed pad if it was dyed with SEM or PPG interior vinyl paint.

The one for sale in the eBay ad is red, so they may come in colors.

a factory pad comes off and on the dash frame easily and the windshield has no interference in swapping a factory pad.

The repos are in fact avail in colors.

My car has red interior. And i have no interest in buying a black pad and have it dyed.
The pad in my car was NOS when the car was done 20 years ago. And is still mint today. BUT...Az sun can takes it toll on interior parts .

My only interest is buying a new pad and put it away for that someday i might need it.. but if they dont fit any better now than when first offered. Ill pass.

My wife says put a dash top cover on it and not worry about the future until it gets here.

Yes the pads have no interference with the windshield . But my old pad was extremely difficult to remove , it ended up in about 10 pieces . I had to egg out a couple of the mounting bolt holes and trying to get to them with my grinder with the tight squeeze of the windshield was not easy . The pad itself fits great , but the alignment of a couple of the mounting studs/hole was a little off . Maybe the pad ..... maybe my car given how difficult the removal of the original was . IF you are doing a full resto or the windshield is already out , take the opportunity to install the pad first . When I purchased my pad there were no dark blue ones available , so I painted it with Herbs paint and used the plastic/vinyl adhesion spray as per the instructions . Looks great so far . I have not had my car out in the sun yet , it will be soon , sometime in the next 3 weeks or so . Will see how the paint holds up with the high UV levels we have here (7300' elevation ) .

A few years ago I sent my core out to be redone. For some reason I can’t fingers out who did it. I know it went AZ. Anyway, they did a great job and recovered the steel core. Came back the color I ordered. I pulled the pad and reinstalled when the dash was out.
16CD2FD3-F28E-4F30-99D8-A93810DF82CA.jpeg
F2747171-1A44-44BF-8165-88915A0181DA.jpeg
FECFA06B-6290-4924-84FD-FA12FE56F350.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back